Chapter 24

[The next day]

Evan's POV

I went back to the hospital somehow feeling nervous seeing him. I don't know how he will react when he sees me.

When I walk in his room the first one I saw were his parents.

"Ah finally you're here." Mr. Dennis said as he look at me with a small smile I'm not expecting.

"Good timing dear, we're just about to leave." Mrs. Dennis said as the two of them stood up.

"What?! You're going to leave me to this guy?!" Jonathan yelled as he sit up straight to look at his parents with wide eyed. His parents nodded while standing up and walking out of the hospital room.

"Yes, so the both of you could fix this problem and talk about it in your house." His mother replied.

"But-"

"No buts. Just follow our instruction without an argument." She cut him off before he could finish his sentence. When her son didn't argue back she keep her face smiling as she lean down to kiss him on the forehead.

"It's going to be alright. We already talk to him and if he still do something again, just call. We'll be there to pick you up." She ended and walk back to her husband. He sigh in irritation once both of them left.

"Great. Now I have to spend more time with you." He grunt and lay back down. Facing his back to me.

"Before I went here I talk to your doctor and he said you'll be released before lunch which is just 3 hours away. I'll go sign the papers up and check for any medication you'll be needing." I spoke up and stood. I didn't wait for his reply because I know he wouldn't respond. I left his room and made my way to the nurse's reception.

"May I help you sir?" A pale female wearing a nurse's uniform asked with a smile.

"Yes, I am here to sign things up for the patient named Jonathan Dennis." I answered. She nodded and grab a folder with a piece of paper attached to it and a pen before handing it to me.

"Please sign this." She said. I oblige and after a few minutes I finished it and hand it back. She accepted it and smile once again.

"Just proceed to the doctor's office in the far right corner to check for the medicines to be prescript for the patient." I nodded and made my way where the nurse gave the instruction.

After I'm talking with the doctor I went back to the nurse and gave here the medicines written on a piece of paper the doctor gave. They gave me the right medicine and I finally head back to his room. When I enter he's still laying on his bed. I close the door and lean on the wall.

"Hey, you should get up now. Any minute a nurse will start to remove the dextrose in your wrist and assist you." I uttered and cross my arms while staring at him. He sent a glare at me and scoff.

"Don't tell me what to do." He growl and slowly sit up.

"Well why don't you start moving then instead of laying there being mad at me." I countered back. His glare being more deadly as I talk back to him.

"How brave of you to have a gut on speaking up when you're the cause why I'm here at the first place."

I bite the inside of my cheek to keep my mouth shut from making comments and to my luck, a nurse knock on the door and peak inside.

"Mr. Jonathan Fong, your time is up. You can leave the hospital now." The nurse softly spoke. I swear I saw him roll his eyes when he heard the surname and made a low 'tch'. I ignore it and look at the nurse.