Chapter 35

Jonathan's POV

I sigh in boredom as I lay down on the bed. My elbow is already fine but Evan still suggested for me to rest for another day so here I am, staring into emptiness as I wait for the day to end. But it was just past noon.

"Urgh, it's soooooo boring." I whined as I twist and turn on the bed.

"Anyway, where are those two?" I asked myself. I couldn't remember seeing them after eating lunch together.

"Was Lucas in his room?" I talk to myself. I stood up and walk out of our room. I made my way towards Lucas' door and knock.

"Lucas, are you in there?" I asked, but there's no response.

Is he sleeping?

I hold the knob and twist it, noticing that it's left unlock so I open the door and peak inside. I saw him sitting on a stool with his back facing me. He's wearing a headset and it looks like his doing something. I walk closer and my eyes widen when I saw what he's doing. He quickly turn around and look at me with wide eyes when he noticed my presence.

"What are you doing in here?!" He yelled while taking off his headset and hanging it on his neck before covering by his body what he's work on.

"You can paint? That's so cool!" I complimented with a bright smile. Instead of being flattered, he surprisingly glare at me.

"Leave."

My smile falter as I stare at him confused. When I didn't budge he step closer, making me automatically step backward.

"I said leave!" He yelled as he began to push me out of his room.

"Wait I—"

Before I could finish my words he already shut the door in front of my face. I frown and pout.

Why is he suddenly acting like that?

I walk away and went down the stairs and made my way towards the living room where I saw my husband sitting on one of the couch while watching some live news in the television. I sit down beside him and he immediately noticed my sour face.

"What's wrong?" He asked as he lower the volume. I face him and cross my arms.

"Did you know that he can paint?" I asked.

"Who?"

I roll my eyes and deepen my frown.

"Who else? Your cousin!" I replied. He pause for a second before looking back on the tv.

"Oh, him? Yeah. I know." He boredly replied, completely uninterested on our topic. My eyes widen and I lean closer to him.

"Wait, what?! You knew, yet, you didn't tell me?!"

He wince at the loudness of my voice and lean back.

"Well you didn't ask."

I keep my arms crossed and stick my bottom lip.

"You still could have told me though." I sulk. He then sigh and side glance me.

"Alright. Next time when there's something like this happen, I'll tell you right away."

"Promise?"

He nodded his head. "Promise."

I sigh in content and uncross my arms.

"Wait, how did you know?" I asked once again.

"The other day when we went inside his room I saw some stuffs that were covered by a white cloth. While you're inside the bathroom I took a peak on some of it and saw the paintings. I also saw some bucket of paint and a standee that is used to put a canvas." He explained. My jaw drop at his clear explanation.