Chapter 1. Sharing The News

"It was my grandmothers." Seth's voice floated into my ear, making my head jerk to the right.

"What?" I blurted out, eyes finding him watching me, a comforting gaze plastered over his features.

"The stone was from my grandmother's ring." He repeated, an amused smile growing on his face, "We're you even listening?"

"I'm sorry Seth." I apologized, seeing the easy reassurance from him and feeling even worse, "A lot has happened in the last few days and it's all catching up I think."

"I get it, I still can't believe it myself." Seth murmured, looking down at the hand resting in lap.

Following his gaze I stretched my hand out on my lap, seeing the sparkling ring sitting on my left hand finger. The stones glistened as my hand trembled slightly, the glittering piece of jewellery sitting heavy on my hand. I could feel it weighing me down, as though it was a thousand pounds resting on me and I let out a breath, hoping Seth wouldn't notice the trembling.

"I didn't really get a chance in the last couple of days to even ask but do you like it?" he questioned, making me tear my gaze away from the ring, seeing the apprehension in his face, "I didn't know if it was going to be too much or if it was your style but..."

"Seth it's beautiful and it's part of your family and I love it." I cut him off, putting my hand on his arm.

"Okay." He said simply, leaning back in the seat.

We were on our way back to work, heading to the windy city of Chicago for Monday Night Raw. I had no idea how I was going to deal with the shit storm that was waiting for me there, but I had 2 more hours to figure it how to deal with it. I played through a thousand scenarios in my head but every time it came down to talking to Dean my head shut down, knowing exactly how that was going to go. Roman would be okay, he would be more upset since I hadn't called him back after Christmas morning but otherwise the only obstacle was Dean. Uncapping the water sitting next to me I took a deep drink, wishing it could wash away all the genuine fear I was feeling.

"Are you going to tell your parents?" Seth asked suddenly and I choked, water flying onto the seat in front of me as I coughed harshly.

"No!" I blurted out between coughing fits, using my sleeve to wipe the water from my face and the seat while giving the couple in front of us apologetic glances.

"No?" he frowned, looking confused as he closed my water for me, and I felt immediately bad.

"I mean...not right now." I shook my head, realizing how bad my outburst sounded, "My dad will probably be fine with it but..."

"But what?" he asked, sounding less hurt and more curious.

I frowned deeply, thinking about my brother's reaction, and worse my mothers. I would rather Dean face to face that I was marrying Seth then call and tell my mother, the reactions would probably be about the same and I winced. Leaning my head back I tilted it towards Seth, those eyes following my movement, nothing but trust and adoration filling them.

"Don't take this the wrong way but my brother is gonna murder you when he finds out." I said simply, seeing the grin spreading across his face, "You laugh but I'm serious. He's gonna fly out and murder you."

"I kinda figured that. I proposed anyways." He shrugged casually, the same confident grin playing on his lips, "You know why?"

"Why?" I grinned back, missing the old banter between Seth and I.