Chapter 55. A Little R & D

2 Months Later

Things hadn't changed much physically but my soul was doing better in Camden, the calming nature of North Carolina making it easier to come to grips with leaving WWE. I still hadn't voided my contract, avoiding those calls like the plague. That was the last step I had left to take and it was a bit one, figuratively speaking. Jeff had been a godsend, working my legs with me, pushing me when I needed to be pushed and I was stronger then ever. The only problem was Dean and Roman, as I actively avoided both of them. I answered texts and calls but I was still refusing to see them, not even telling them where I was. It was the last two things I was struggling with, fully letting go of WWE and letting them see the new me. RAW was in North Carolina and I reveled in the fact that the boys were close, it was almost as if I could feel them. Jeff walked into the house and I heard him walk up beside me. Looking up I was shocked to see the distraught look on his face.

"What?" I asked, immediately worried.

"I'm sorry. Please don't be too mad at me." He apologized, looking worried.

"Mad about what?" I blinked, no idea what he was talking about till movement caught my eye.

Turning my head slowly I realized why it felt like I could feel the boys. They were both standing in the kitchen, side by side I felt like I hadn't seen them in years. Seeing them on TV wasn't the same as seeing them in person, the connection with them instantaneous. I felt self conscious as I ran my suddenly damp palms over my knees, wiping them before turning the chair around, letting them see me fully. Jeff quietly slipped out the back door, leaving us some privacy. I had no idea what they were thinking, but I was content for the moment to drink them in. Roman had his hair tucked away under his beanie, Dean's grey jacket replaced with a black one with red trim. Roman was the first to move, taking hesitant steps forward.

"I really didn't want you seeing me." I admitted, my voice cracking for the first time in a long time, "I wasn't ready."

"I don't care about that." Roman shook his head, moving quickly across the room, "I don't care."

Reaching me he crouched down, pulling me into his arms as best as he could. Squeezing my eyes shut I held him tightly, trying to convey just how much I missed him in the simple act. We could have stayed there for hours or for minutes, I had no idea. Leaning back he stood up, moving to sit on the couch next to me. Looking up I found Dean still in the same place. I was afraid to look in his eyes, not wanting to see pity in them but when I found them I saw nothing of the sort. Instead he just walked forward quietly, coming to stand in front of me.

"Can I pick you up?" he asked, that raspy voice reminding me so much of the old times, "Will I hurt you if I pick you up?"

"No, you wont hurt me." I shook my head.

Taking off his jacket he dropped it on the floor and I made a noise of protest. Ignoring me he tucked his arm under my legs and around my back, easily lifting me off the chair. I had gotten used to being picked up, Jeff doing it every night when I went to bed but I fit perfectly in Dean's arms, head resting against his shoulder. Wrapping my arms around his neck we stood there for a few moments, heads tucked together. Walking around the chair he set me next to Roman on the couch before plopping next to me.

"No more avoiding us now." Dean commented, making me groan, "What? I know that's what you were doing."

"Wonder why." I shot back at him, seeing him look mock insulted.

"Hey I'm wonderful, you're missing out, not me." He teased, making me laugh.

"I missed you guys." I admitted, looking between the two of them, "In all seriousness. I just wasn't ready for you to see me like this."