Chapter 59. She's Back

The whole flight to California was quicker then I wanted it to me. I felt like I was 19 years old and going to my first ever Wrestlemania. The only difference was that this time Dean was waiting for me, with no idea I was even going to be there. Especially since the last time he saw me I had no control of my legs and now I was about to waltz back into this world. I had gotten a call from Vince the day before I left, letting me know he fixed the match card so I would end up with some airtime, despite all the protesting his daughter and son-in-law did. It was nice to know I still had his support all these years later.

Now as I got ready in the bathroom I felt the first stirrings of butterflies in my stomach, thinking of seeing Dean again for the first time in four months. It felt freeing to be able to feel things when I thought about him, a shiver ripping down my spine. Finishing my eyes make-up I kept an eye on the time, seeing it was getting down to the wire. I knew I would have to leave early to make it through the traffic to the arena. I was grateful that Dean was the first match, the ladder match making me worry but I knew he could handle it. Swiping the classic red color on my lips I gave myself the once over. I didn't have a match exactly but I was dressed like I did, the leather pants, white top and black leather jacket fitting just as good as ever. Walking out of the bathroom I grabbed my phone, my backpack and my room key, heading out the door with a bounce in my step.

The Arena

Dropping me off in the back of the arena I took a moment for myself, looking up at the huge arena. Before I walked in I took a moment to thank my lucky stars that I was even walking back into an arena, never mind Wrestlemania. There had been a huge possibility that I would've never seen this again but I was here and I was thankful. Blowing out a breath I headed for the door, opening it and walking inside. It was busy, people moving quickly and my adrenaline immediately racing, picking up the hectic vibe from everyone around. I could see a few people, roadies who had been with the company a long time, give me a double take, shocked expressions. Starting forward I had a grin on my lips, heading into the halls and to the locker room. Finding ours I pushed open the door, disappointment flaring up when I realized it was empty.

"Well so much for the surprise." I muttered, throwing my backpack in a locker, looking towards the TV.

Dean was already out in the ring, the show starting and the worry flared up. An 11 man ladder match was a lot, even for someone as seasoned as Dean. That didn't explain where Roman was and I left the room, determined to find him. Deciding on right I walked down the hall, remembering that this place was a lot bigger then any of the other arenas we had been in. Turning down a hall I heard a door open, seeing Seth walk out of a room. Freezing he heard the heels on my shoes click and he turned, every muscle tensing. Time stopped for a moment as we stared at each other. Being with him felt like it had been a million years ago, Dean chasing away any remembrance of feelings I might have once had for him.

"I can't begin to tell you how relieved I am to see you walking right now." He called out, leaning heavily against the wall, running a hand over his face, "I was so worried about you."

"No thanks to Kane. You know...your bodyguard." I said calmly, seeing the guilt flash across his face.

"He never intended to do that...he would never do that purposely." Seth shook his head and I smiled bitterly.

"No, I'm sure he wouldn't but he did. My career, my life almost ended because of him and you still dare stand there and defend him to me?" I growled, taking steps forward, "You're a scumbag Seth Rollins and I'm real disappointed in myself that I didn't see it before."