Chapter 27.The Beginning...

For the rest of Sunday night and most of Monday I had ignored everyone in the bus, taking off as soon as I had eaten and spent some much needed time alone. Before my mind was a whirlwind and it was stressing me out but now I was more focused, weighing the pros and cons easily without it sending me into a panic attack. Working out at the gym was definitely helping as well, the music and sweating helping to keep my head where it should be. As the time passed I stood in the middle of the gym, not wanting to do too much since RAW was tonight. Taking my ear phones out I walked towards the mirror, looking at the purple and blue mark on my face, strikingly vivid in the fluorescent lights in the gym. It was less swollen, almost back to normal but the bruising had shone through full force and it was going to take a bit of makeup magic to make it not look so awful. As I was studying my face the doors to the gym swung open and Dean walked in, stopping in his tracks when I caught sight of me. I had avoided everyone successfully so far but I wasn't upset that someone had finally found me, less upset that it was Dean. I watched the internal struggle he waged with himself, and I sighed deeply.

"Hey." I called out, hoping that would keep him in here so we could talk.

"HI." He answered, slowly walking forward as I went to meet him.

"So," I began, crossing my arms over my stomach, feeling the slight dampness of my skin from the sweat, "On a scale of one to ten how pissed is everyone that I'm avoiding them?"

Dean rubbed a hand over his beard, making a scratchy noise as he thought about it. He looked ready to burn off some excess energy himself, feeling the emotions rolling off of him in waves. I always wondered if I was the only one who could feel that from him, when he was agitated.

"Honestly Roman's just worried about you, wondering if you're alright." Dean commented, glancing down at me, "Seth hasn't said a word, been on his phone all morning. Sorry."

"What are you sorry for?" I shrugged, not really bothered by the lack of response from Seth, "And you? Are you upset with me?"

"I'm always hovering at a solid 6 on the upset scale with you." Dean grinned, making me roll my eyes, knowing he probably wasn't exaggerating, "No I'm not pissed, I'm just more...upset with myself."

"Don't do that, I should have known better then to stand on your left. That was my fault, I was in the way." I shook my head, not wanting him to beat himself up over the hit.

"Yeah stay off my left, I'd rather have you on the right anyways." He frowned, as though he didn't really mean for that to come out.

"Well I'll try and remember that for next time." I laughed, ignoring the flush running through me, putting it off to excess adrenaline from working out, "I'm not ignoring everyone because I'm mad, just so you know. I just needed some time to sort some things out and not because of the whole Randy punching me in the face thing."

"I kind of figured, that's why I let you be." He nodded, shifting on the balls of his feet, "You seem to know I'm not really one for big heart to hearts."

"I've noticed." I grinned, remembering all his anger at trying to talk things out with him.

"But I mean...if you really need to talk or something," he trailed off, looking a little uncomfortable, "I know Roman's busy with baby mama and Seth is...well I'm sure you've noticed Seth hasn't really been here for awhile. If you need...all I'm tryna say is I'm here."

Watching Dean stumble over his words, trying to tell me that he was there if I needed to talk was one of the most heartwarming and awkward things I had ever witnessed and it touched my heart. I knew he wasn't one to let people in but I seemed to have won him over, despite all the craziness we had been through.