Chapter 50. Not You

The boys were already at the arena, having been there most of the day in the gym before RAW. Since the whole Shield break up I had been doing a lot of thinking, a million things piling up in my head. I felt restless tonight so I opted for a change. For the first time since I began with this company I had straightened my hair for work, the tips of it brushing the bottom of my back. Walking into the arena I headed down the halls, making my way to the locker room. Roman had a match scheduled and so did Seth, the reason Dean was in the building. Since this whole feud had started Dean hadn't had a match, besides the one he managed to get against Randy. Sighing I wondered if he had any plans or if he was just going to continue making Seth's life a living hell. I was still sucked into my head as I walked into the locker room, the boys turning at the sound of the door. Shutting it behind me I faced them, seeing the confusion on their face and then the realization dawn.

"What?" I asked, frozen at their flabbergasted faces.

"I...I almost didn't recognize you. I was wondering who the hell was walking into our locker room." Roman stuttered, getting to his feet and walking over, "Wow..."

Running his hand through my hair he watched it slip through his fingers, and I realized it was probably the first time he had ever been able to do that. My naturally wild, curly hair made it hard to run fingers through, always knots and tangles no matter what I did to it.

"Just thought maybe I'd switch it up tonight." I shrugged casually, Dean staring at me, a look of marvel on his face.

"You...it...you don't even look like you." Roman murmured, heading back to sit at the bench.

"Is that bad?" I questioned, throwing my bag in the locker before sitting on the bench next to them.

"No." Dean said simply.

Shaking my head I wrapped my hands in tape, getting ready for my match later on RAW. I wasn't really expecting much of a fight tonight or anything really happening. I also knew that the minute I started feeling this comfortable, life would throw a curveball my way. Which is exactly what it did a few minutes later, a knock on the door of the locker room making us all look up. Getting up I walked over, opening the door slowly, not sure who was on the other side. As I caught sight of that familiar face it took everything in me not to slam it shut.

"You're either incredibly brave or incredibly stupid knocking on this door." I said quietly, Dean and Roman walking up behind, "Got about 5 seconds to get out of here, that's probably how long I can hold them back."

"I want to talk to you." He stated, obviously not going anywhere, suitcase held in front of him.

"Oh look at that, delivered right to my door." Dean growled, pushing against my arm.

"Wait." I said simply, knowing if he was gonna risk coming here it was obviously a big deal to talk to me, "What do you want?"

"I want to talk to you. Alone. Without the other two hanging over your shoulder." He asked, looking behind me at Roman and Dean.

"Whatever you say to her you can say it with us here. She's not going anywhere with you." Roman rumbled, and I could feel him puffing up behind me, not even having to see him to know how irritated he was.

"Lila, please?" Seth pleaded quietly, staring directly into my eyes, "I'm not here as Seth, I think you know that."

I kept the mask on my face as I studied his, seeing genuine sincerity in those brown eyes. I'd seen them a million times, angry, frustrated, happy, and a million other emotions and I knew when he was being real. This was one of those times. Dean was vibrating against my right arm, desperate to get to Seth but not enough to push against me. Turning my head slightly I lowered my voice.