Chapter 58. Thank You

After a long night of explaining everything to Jeff once he woke up, calling my brother, calling WWE and finally getting discharged we were back at the house. I was still in the wheelchair but at least I knew that at some point I would never have to see it again. My mood on the other hand was still sour, only this time it wasn't about my situation but the fact that Dean and Roman were leaving today. I knew he was feeling the same, not wanting to go so soon but I didn't want him missing out on anything either. Wheeling into the kitchen I grabbed a water from the fridge, heading back into the living room and nearly ramming Roman in the ankles.

"Whoa!" he laughed, jumping to the side, "Watch where your going kid."

"My bad. Got all your stuff?" I asked, seeing him nod, before following me into the living room, "I start rehab at the clinic in a few days so I should know approximately when I'll be back."

"That's great, just promise me you wont push yourself too hard. You might do more damage if you try go over your limits." He scolded, making me roll my eyes.

"I won't. I've already been warned. I just want to get this going so I can get back." I said excitedly, the thought of getting, literally, back on my feet keeping me motivated.

"I know. I'll be waiting for you." He promised, leaning down to kiss my cheek, "Keep in touch. I wanna know everything that you do."

"I will." You promised, giving him a bright smile as he walked out of the room, carrying his bag.

Hearing another set of footsteps coming down then hall I waited patiently, the smile dropping at the thought of this person walking out. Folding my hands in my lap I waited as he turned the corner into the living room, catching sight of me sitting there. Leaning against the doorframe I watched his eyes rake over me, starting at my feet and travelling up till he met my eyes. Since yesterday I had already noticed a few things changing between us, one of them being his complete lack of hiding his staring. He watched me closely, as though he was studying every movement I made. I noticed that I did the same thing, my eyes travelling up those denim clad legs, the black belt, his white shirt and the black leather that was slowly becoming my favorite. Pushing off against the wall he swaggered over, my heart leaping into my throat.

"Keep looking at me like that and I'm gonna miss my flight." He muttered, scooping me right out of the chair, plopping onto the couch like he had all the time in the world.

"As much as I would love that, you can't miss Smackdown." I murmured, wrapping my arms around his neck, my actions going against my words.

"Screw it. Let me stay Lila, it's not like I'm gonna miss much." He argued, burying his face in my neck, making my eyes close.

"You're making...a compelling case." I breathed, a hitch coming into my voice as he brushed a sensitive spot.

"Good. So I'm staying." He grinned, feeling the movement against my neck.

As much as I wanted him to stay I knew I couldn't let him, the next few months going to make or break me and I needed to do this. I had given up on myself for the last 4 months and I had to push myself back into who I was. Running my fingers through his hair I tugged his head back, making him look at me.

"Get back to work. You gotta make sure everything is ready for me when I get back." I grinned, running my hands down and onto his face, thumbs brushing his cheekbones.

"I don't want to leave you." He admitted, the first serious tone he had taken since walking in the room.

"I don't want you to go either, but I have a lot of work to do." I soothed, knowing exactly how he felt.