Chapter 5. New Year's Eve.

Roman was locked onto his phone all evening so far, barely looking up when we talked to him and for the life of me I couldn't figure out what he was doing. The movie we were watching was no better, I couldn't focus on that either. Seth had my legs on his lap, watching the movie but I was chewing on my thumb nail, eyes darting between Roman and the door. Dean was gone by the time we all made it into the bus and only a text to Roman let us know that he had went out. This New Year's Eve was a lot different then last years except for Dean and I fighting, that had stayed the same.

"He'll be back." Seth murmured, my grey eyes flickering over to see Seth looking at me, "He might be a little drunk but he'll be back. You know Dean as well as I do."

"I know, it's New Year's though." I shrugged slightly, checking the time on my phone, "And it's half an hour to midnight. I think the chances of him making it back here is pretty slim."

"I know. There will be a lot more New Year's Eves for us though." Seth promised, rubbing my feet.

Even though the foot rub felt amazing it didn't soften the blow of his words. If Dean had meant what he said there wouldn't be any more New Year's Eve for us, at least not the way I wanted them to be. Time dragged on, minute after minute went by as I waited for the door to open, hoping by some miracle our team would come together. The last two minutes before midnight Roman stood up without a word and went to the bedroom, leaving me watching him walk past and shut the door behind him. I didn't say a word as the door silently clicked shut but I let out a deep sigh.

"Are you okay?" Seth asked, pulling me close and wrapping his arms around me.

"I don't know what's going on with everyone but this really isn't how I wanted to spend New Years." I said softly, emotion rising up in my throat, nearly choking on it.

"You still have me you know." Seth murmured, tilting my head up to look at him, "I'll always be here."

"I know, I just wanted us all to be together." I sighed, brushing the flyaway hairs from his forehead.

Seth reached over and switched the channel, finding the news reporting the ball drop and we sat back. There was no excitement for me this year as we waited that last minute, watching the countdown start and I wished that this would have been enough.

"Would you like to be the last girl I kiss this year and the first I kiss next year?" Seth grinned, making me laugh.

"I kinda hope I'm the only girl you'll kiss next year." I raised an eyebrow, looking down at my finger.

Leaning in as they hit 3 Seth kissed me gently, holding me softly as the new year hit and the fireworks started. My arm was around Seth's shoulders as he leaned back, resting his forehead against mine.

"Happy New Year. Thank you for making me the luckiest man in the world." He murmured sweetly, running his thumb across my cheek.

"Happy New Year Seth. I'm glad you're here with me." I smiled weakly, my heart not fully into it.

Pulling me into his side I leaned there, hearing his heartbeat and watching people celebrate all around the world. There was no sound coming from Roman's room and the door to the bus stayed obnoxiously shut, despite all my hoping. It wasn't long after that Seth started yawning, the long days catching up to us.

"I'm gonna go to bed. Are you coming?" Seth asked, moving his arm from around me and standing.

"I'm not tired yet, I kinda wanna watch this for a bit longer." I pointed to the TV, tucking the throw blanket around my legs, "I'll come to bed in a bit."