Chapter 4. Just Partners.

Dean was walking fast and I jogged to catch up with him, stopping him with a hand on his arm right before he made it to the doors. He pulled his arm out of my grasp, my hand falling to my side but he stopped, half turned away from me. 

"Dean, stop please. Just for two seconds." I pleaded, keeping my voice low, not wanting to attract any attention.

"What do you want Lila?" he asked, turning towards me.

"Just to talk." I said simply.

I watched him struggle with himself for a few minutes, his face giving away very small glimpses of what was going on inside his head. Shifting his bag he put his hand on the door, getting ready to walk out.

"You have till I get in the bus." He announced, pushing the door open, the wind whipping the tendrils of my hair that escaped my bun.

He walked out, leaving me to go after him, quickly catching up as our boots crunched in the snow. I didn't want to waste time so I looked up at him.

"I know a lot went bad between us and I get it, you don't want to talk about it." I began quickly, feeling him move a few inches away from me, "Please Dean, let's just leave the personal shit in the bus and when we're at work we're just there to work."

"You make it sound so easy Lila. Leave our personal lives in the bus." He mocked, his breath blowing out white cloud, "We're not all you, okay? We can't just detach ourselves and become a work robot."

"I'm not a work robot Dean." I frowned, feeling a tad insulted, "I lost my match tonight you know. I got shit I'm dealing with too, so obviously I'm not that great at leaving my feelings out of it either. I'm just saying between us can we just stop..."

"Just stop what? We were friends and partners till everything blew up in our faces." Dean interrupted, stopping in front of the bus door, cheeks pink, "So what do you want? Do you want to fix the team?"

"Yes of course I do." I shivered, tucking my hands under my arms, "I want to be partners."

"Alright then." Dean nodded, the mask still drawn over his features.

"Dean I don't want to lose you either." I said quickly, snapping my mouth shut, wishing I had just taken what he was giving me.

He turned towards me slowly, hand dropping away from the handle of the bus. Shifting his bag he shoved his hand in his pocket, staring down at me with no expression on his face.

"You lost me already." He said monotonously, the lack of emotion in his voice hitting me in the centre of the chest, "I'll do partners but if you want more I'm not doing it. So make your choice. Partner or nothing at all."

I could see how serious he was, ready to walk away from me in all sense of the manners and despite everything I couldn't let him do it. The air was icy as I breathed softly, the air frosty around my face as I stared at him, making my choice.

"Alright, you win." I said softly, hearing the steel in my voice, "Partners. But you gotta pull your shit together too."

"Roman and Seth?" he questioned, eyebrow going up.

"I'll talk to them too. I mean it Dean, everything that happened with us, we'll figure it out at some point but leave it alone when we're working." I frowned, hearing the door open to the arena.

"We don't need to figure anything out Lila, pretty sure things we're crystal clear." Dean muttered, opening the door and walking into the bus, leaving me standing in the cold.