Chapter 37. Money In The Bank

Roman was off on his own match by the time we made it back to the locker, leaving Dean and I to wait for the Money in the Bank ladder match for the contract. I already knew that things weren't looking great for Dean and the added danger of the ladders was making me nervous. My leg was bouncing as I watched Dean pace the length of the room, bouncing on the balls of his feet.

"If you stare at me any harder, I'm gonna start thinking you actually like me." Dean commented, making me blink out of my stare.

"I do like you." I frowned, leaning back against the locker, "Just would like you a lot more if you weren't getting into ladder matches against traitors who have the Authority at their beck and call."

"Nothing's gonna happen." Dean scoffed, and I could feel his eye roll from across the room, "If Seth tries anything then it's a disqualification for him, even Hunter and Steph can't pull favorites that much."

"I just don't wanna see you hurt. That's all." I shrugged, my legs tucked up so my chin rested on them.

Dean paused and sighed deeply, walking to where I was sitting on the floor, crouching down in front of me. Reaching out he tapped my hand that was dangling off my knee, catching my eye.

"Come on, you've seen some of my earlier matches from back in the day. A little ladder match ain't gonna do much to me." He pointed out, bouncing slightly, "You're worrying for nothing darlin', I'm gonna be fine and I'm gonna win. Can you imagine the look on Seth's face when I walk away with that briefcase?"

A rare grin broke out across his face at the thought, the smile contagious as my own lips parted. Grabbing my hand he pulled me to my feet, giving me a pointed glance.

"See, nothing to worry about. Just wait here and wait for the look." Dean steered me towards the couch, facing the TV, "Sit here, relax and just enjoy watching Seth get the crap beaten out of him."

"You're taking a large amount of pleasure from that thought aren't you?" I laughed, tucking my feet under me.

"I'm doing this for you." He admitted, grabbing the tape from his bag, "Screw The Shield. He can break that. It was just a name but the people that were a part of it? That's different."

"He didn't break me." I shook my head.

"But he hurt you." He argued.

"Only because he was hurting you." I shot back, seeing him turn, "I'm the same way Dean. I don't give a shit about Shield, you're right, it was just a name for the thing that we were. But he didn't break us, because he can't."

"I wouldn't have let him anyways." Dean shook his head before walking over, "Here take this. Get a picture of Seth's face when I take the case. I'll use it as my lock screen."

Walking over he dropped his phone in my lap, making me blink. Before I had a chance to even say anything he bumped my chin gently and walked out of the locker room. Holding the black phone in my hand I realized Dean had left a lot of trust in me by leaving me with this. He was an incredibly private person and not once had he ever let me near his phone. Now he handed it to me and walked out of the room.

"Don't do it." I whispered to myself, holding onto the phone tightly.

Clicking the top button I turned on to just the lock screen, not surprised that the wallpaper was still set to default. Tapping my finger nail on the screen I watched as all the wrestlers went out, Dean standing in the middle of the ring, glaring at Seth. When Dean was this angry it was best to attempt to avoid him in any way shape or form and Seth knew this, staying as far away as possible. As the bell rang Dean lunged across the ring and I knew it was gonna be a long battle. There was a lot going on in the ring and I watched for a while, my heart racing in my chest. Looking down I saw slight smears on Dean's phone, my palms sweating slightly. Cursing myself softly I clicking the button once, turning it on and once more, surprised at the lack of password on the phone.