Chapter 23. Tense

Hello everyone. FIller chapter as always when i come back from the depth of hibernation lol. i apologize for the complete lack of originality in his chapter but i had to put my training wheels back on for this. I needed somewhere to start into the next part of this story and this is what is happening now. The next few chapters are going to be a bit of a slow burn but in the end its an explosion as always. thanks for sticking around people and not giving up. ENjoy <3

The trip to Sacramento wasn't as tense this time around, a majority of it spent in the living room area, even though things weren't all the way normal there was a more relaxed feel in the air. Roman and Dean were cracking jokes and I was content to sit there and watch them, throwing my own two cents into the conversation every once in awhile. The only damper on the whole thing was the slight tension between Seth and myself, the tense conversation we had the night before we left Seattle was lingering and festering between us. It was starting to already feel more and more like we shared a room and bed and nothing more.

Now that we were back in Sacramento at the arena and dressed, ready to go, we were functioning more on par with who we started out as. Seth looked serious but ready, Roman was bouncing on his toes, and Dean was pacing, hair wet and droplets flying everywhere.

"Sometimes I wish I could just get my hands on Stephanie you know?" I commented, sitting on the bench, all of us talking about how Evolution was maybe taking this feud a little too far, our 3rd match with them in weeks, "Maybe if I just gave her head a good shake she'd stop messing with us."

"Or maybe that would just make this worse." Seth pointed out, a frown appearing on my face, "Going after the boss is a chemical reaction bound to explode in our faces."

"But fighting night after night against the same three douchebags isn't? How much longer are we gonna sit here and let them do this. They're wasting the talent of this group on a bunch of has-beens. I mean Randy is alright but Hunter and Batista?" I grumbled, ripping the end of the tape from my wrist, smoothing it down.

"She's got a point." Dean chimed in, Roman glancing up sharply at him, "They know they can't let us back at the titles cause we'll win em back so they're keeping us preoccupied fighting the old timers."

"I still got my chance at my title shot and I'm taking it at Wrestlemania if I can." I said firmly, making all three of them looking up at me.

"Seriously? You're going for Wrestlemania?" Seth said, the shock obvious in his voice.

"Is that doubt I hear?" I commented, raising an eyebrow.

Seth shrugged, sitting on the bench opposite me, clasping his hands together, not saying a word. Even Roman was staring at him with a frown, not sure what was going on with his blonde partner.

"IF anyone can get their title back at Wrestlemania it's gonna be her." Roman declared, his voice rumbling through the room, "Thought you would have figured that out by now."

"Figured what out?" Seth asked, looking up at us all with a closed off face.

"Lila get's what she wants and when she says she's gonna do something, she does it." Dean grinned, obviously not talking about just the titles when he glanced over it me.

There was silence from Seth and I took it with a sigh, knowing he wasn't going to say anymore on the matter. Something was up with him lately and I knew it wasn't just from the arguments that we had been having. Usually I was one to want to figure out what it was and help but I was surprised by how much I realized I didn't really feel like prying. The fight wouldn't be worth it in the end. Hearing the commercial break we got up and headed out the door, no words needed as we walked towards our entrance, the adrenaline starting up in my body. Payback was Sunday and if I knew anything about what was happening I knew we would be going up against Evolution if we won or lost this match. Standing in the entrance we waited, hearing Evolutions music and I sighed, tired of the same old matches and I knew the guys were feeling the same way.