Chapter 32. Nothing Personal

After Smackdown I had said a hasty goodbye to Jeff, the man knowing better then to rile me up more when I was in a mood. We had a long talk the next night, reminding me of my next moves. We had spent a lot of our time coming up with the new part of our lives, going our own separate way and even having that talk was hard.

Saturday evening-Flashback

"I'm changing my brand." I announced, sitting on the chair with my feet tucked under me.

"What do you mean you're changing your brand? Thought you were sticking with the wild card thing?" Roman questioned, making me turn and look at him.

"I was but that's not who I am anymore RO." I shrugged, Dean coming to sit on the couch, "I'm not...I'm not the same person I was."

"SO what? You're just gonna switch everything?" Dean frowned, stretching out on the couch.

"Yeah." I said simply, Roman running his fingers through his hair.

"Do you think that maybe it'll be too much change? I mean between Seth and Shield ending..." Roman trailed off.

"Roman I'm not 18 year old Lila anymore. I'm not unpredictable Lila. I don't just base my life on chance anymore." I sighed, setting my chin on my knees, "I'm not the wild card, and I'm definitely not Shield. I'm not really sure who I am anymore so it's time to find me and figure out what works best for who I'm turning into."

"As long as who you are isn't what Rollins wants you to be I'm okay with whatever you chose." Dean announced from the couch, easily accepting my choice.

"Never." I stated firmly, seeing Roman's relief, "I just want you guys to know, that whoever I might be next week, that girl is still going to need the two of you."

Looking at the two of them I found those blue and grey eyes staring back at me, seeing my feelings reflected in their own, without having to say a word. I knew then and there that they needed me just as much as I needed them, even if we ended up going our separate ways. Smiling softly I turned back to the TV, watching the movie I had put on earlier.

Present

I was standing in my room, RAW underway as I stared at myself, knowing this would be the last time I would wear this. The memory of the first time I had ever put the gear on running through my mind.

Pulling out a pair of black combat pants I put them on quickly, snapping the belt around my waist. They were tight around my hips, pockets around the thighs and I put my feet into the black boots. They weren't chunky but more feminine than the guys. Finally I pulled on a small black tank top and then a vest. It was smaller with pockets and snaps in the front. It only came down to my navel, showing my hip bones and belly button. The front was slightly lower, exposing my collar bones. Finally I taped my hands quickly, shoving my hands into my black gloves, fingers exposed. Looking into the mirror I let out a breath. I looked a whole lot tougher than before and it suited me. Reaching into my bag I pulled out my lip stain, knowing it wouldn't smear like lipstick. Applying it I gazed back at the now red lipped newest member of Shield. I was nervous about going out and I shoved everything back in my bag. The mask I had bought was in my hand and my bag in the other. Walking out I set my bag down. The three men were standing facing the TV, backs towards me.

"Your match is third, before Daniels, "Seth called hearing me walk in, "So I don't think our luck is going to..." he trailed off, turning around and seeing me.

His eyes were widened as he looked me from head to toe. Dean and Roman turned, wondering why he had trailed off and they froze. I stood there, holding the mask in my hand, eyes focused on them. Seth rubbed a hand over his mouth, a grin forming and I grinned back, resting my thumbs on my belt.