Chapter 46. Still the Good Guys

Dean was pacing around the room, watching Roman's match with John against Randy and Kane. I knew he was feeling the same way I was, the anxiety building up inside as I watched Roman fight. Chewing on my fingernail I stared at the TV, swaying side to side and feeling my temper flaring up each time it showed Hunter's face, the man sitting at the announcers table.

"It's killing me not being out there to have his back, especially with so many of the Authority out there too." I grumbled, shifting from foot to foot.

"Tell me about it." Dean agreed, coming to stand next to me, cracking his knuckles, "We can all stand alone but this does make us more vulnerable."

"Which makes it easier for them to get to us to take us out, one by one." I frowned, crossing my arms over my chest.

Things were getting crazy in the ring, Roman and Randy fighting up the ramp and backstage. I knew Roman could handle Randy one on one but I was worried about John, Kane ignoring the shouting of the ref as he tore apart the steel steps. Throwing the steps into John he laid out the new Champion, John's eyes closed as he laid on the outside of the ring. The bell rang, signalling their disqualification.

"What's the point of this?" I murmured, watching as Hunter barked out orders at Kane, "The match is over. Why are they still going?"

"Why does the Authority do anything?" Dean asked, making me look up at him as I thought about it.

"There's always an agenda with Hunter." I thought out loud, Dean nodding as he looked down at me, "You can't take anything they do at face value. There's always a Plan B with the Authority."

"So what's their plan here?" Dean mused, looking back towards the TV.

We watched as Kane delivered a powerful tombstone piledriver to a barely conscious John. Flinching slightly I watched as Hunter climbed into the ring, both him and the ref checking him over. Hunter's hand raised, beckoning towards the ramp and I wondered why he was rushing the medical personal when something in my head clicked.

"Dean he's not calling for help. He's not calling for help." I gasped, realizing what the plan was, smacking Dean on the arm, "He's calling for Seth. Seth's gonna cash in."

Looking up my eyes were wide as it clicked for Dean too. Both of us booked it towards the door, ripping it open and bolting out. Running down the hall I ignored the fact that I already went out tonight, my body aching but I wasn't letting this go. Rounding the corner to the gorilla we saw Roman and Randy going at it, the two of them still fighting it out.

"Go." I ordered Dean, seeing him look down at me, "I got this, just stop Seth."

On the TV I could see Seth in the ring already, moving quickly as Hunter dragged the ref to the time keepers area. Dean took off, stripping his jacket off and booking it out onto the stage. Hearing the crowd erupt I turned my focus to Randy and Roman. Randy threw Roman off of him, making him stagger backwards and leaving himself open. Without a second thought I ran at him, kicking him from the side and sending him flying into the bins. I remembered what it felt like to have all the bins scattered around me and I knew he would be down for a while. Picking myself up I groaned, limping towards Roman.

"Are you crazy? That's cement floor." Roman groaned, holding onto his back.

"Might be." I muttered, feeling my hip, "Remind me not to do that again. Dumb idea."

"Where's Dean?" he asked, looking around and seeing his jacket on the floor.

"He's a touch pre-occupied." I laughed, seeing him chase Seth through the crowd, Roman grinning as he followed my eyes.