Chapter 20. 3 out of 4

Seattle

Walking out of the plane we grabbed out bags, each of us strangely silent as we walked through the airport. Seth and I were still at odds about the fight, neither one of us wanting to cave and apologize so the wound kept festering and not healing. Dean and I were...we were still Dean and I basically, no matter what I did or said he wouldn't give in and talk to me, even after the incident in the ring. Roman was fine, walking alongside me but I knew he had his own life to deal with at the moment, Galina being number one priority for both of us now. Roman and I were in front as we walked through the airport, my eyes scanning the crowds for the person I was searching for.

"She knows what time our flight landed right?" Roman asked, and I nodded, glancing up at him.

"Yeah I told her. Twice. I also told her to be a little inconspicuous cause I didn't know if there would be any fans around..." I explained, only to be cut off by a near deafening shriek.

"LILA! HOLY SHIT!" Lisa screeched, running for me at full speed as I sighed.

"So much for inconspicuous." Roman chuckled, everyone around us staring at the woman barreling towards us.

Launching herself at me I barely had time to catch her, the short woman a bundle of energy as she laughed, wrapping her arms around me. Hugging her back I couldn't help the grin on my face, her excitement contagious.

"Dear Lord woman you are lean and looking good." She whistled, leaning back to look me up and down, "I've put on 5 pounds, can you tell?"

"Lisa you look great. I've missed you." I laughed, the short woman grinning wildly as she linked her arm with mine.

"Good cause you need to fill me in on everything that's happened in your life since you've so terrible neglected me for so long." She accused, sending me a dirty look.

"I'm sorry..." I groaned, knowing I was about to get the longest lecture in history.

"No sorries woman, only stories. Come on, I got the truck and we have a long drive to your house.

Pulling me along the boys were trailing behind, Roman's chuckle enough to make me turn and shoot him a dirty look which he just laughed harder at. There was no stopping Lisa when she had her mind set to something and I let her drag me out of the airport, chatting away about everything. I knew at some point I was going to have to tell her about Seth but I didn't want to do it in front of him, especially in the middle of a fight. Instead I let her chat on, listening intently as I enjoyed being back home and back with my friend.

Walking into my house had been such a relief, not realizing how much I had missed being back here. Everything was clean and I knew Lisa had been taking care of things while I had been gone. The fridge was even stocked up for the few days that we were staying. Currently the boys were gone out, giving us our privacy as we caught up on each others life, which for Lisa included multiple bottles of wine and way too much laughter.

"So tell me about the boys. How are things on the bus?" she asked, taking a drink from her glass and I groaned.

"Things are complicated to say the least." I admitted, seeing her perk up, the possibility of gossip peaking her interest, "There's a lot going on."

"Okay right now, top of the list, what do I need to know?" she questioned, leaning in close.

All night I had purposely kept my left hand out of sight, knowing if she spotted it there was going to be a complete explosion. Now that it was just the two of us here I felt more confident in showing her. Holding my hand out it took her all of half a second to let out a blood-curdling shriek, leaping to her feet.