Chapter 57. The Best Day

The silence that fell after that simple word was getting a bit intense, Dean not moving a muscle. I had no idea what he was thinking, his eyes staring down at me. Now that I realized what I had completely missed I could not look away from him. I studied his face as he was lost in his own head, the two day scruff covering his cheeks and jaw, the glint of his earring and that flop of curly hair resting against his forehead. I knew him but it was almost like seeing him in a whole new light. I had always been closer with Dean, the two of us sharing so many things in common it was terrifying but I figured that was why I pushed it away. The feelings had been growing, festering inside for so long that when I finally acknowledged them they were out full force.

"Are you serious?" he asked, finally breaking out of the staring spell.

"I don't know." I blurted out, not able to keep up with my racing thoughts.

"No, no, no. Don't back out now. You already said it." He grinned, those dimples shining through, even under the scruff.

"But what about..." I trailed off, glancing down at my feet.

"I don't care." He shook his head, making me look up, "I told you that. I like your stumps."

"That's not funny." I grumbled, seeing his grin grow wider.

"I know. Look I'm not one for spilling out how I feel or grand gestures..." he began but I cut him off.

"You literally just kidnapped me from Jeff's house. How is that not a grand gesture?" I questioned, watching him raise an eyebrow.

"Can you be quiet for literally 2 minutes so I can say this?" Dean retorted, making me clamp my lips together, "Jeez woman. Look I didn't like you with Seth. I knew it, Roman knew it, even freaking Jeff knew it was wrong. But where they didn't like it, I hated it."

"Why?" I asked, needing him to keep going.

"Because..." he trailed off, looking a tad uncomfortable under my gaze, "Because I wanted what he had. I wanted you."

"You should have said something." I said softly, seeing him scoff, "I'm serious. What I felt with Seth is nothing compared to what I felt with you. Even before. Just doing normal things I felt better, then what I was doing with Seth. I picked him because...because he was safe and I was afraid of how much you made me feel."

"I knew it." Dean exclaimed, making me slap his shoulder.

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes, knowing he was gonna react that way, "So what do you want from me Dean?"

"I'm not sure...I don't really know how to be...I mean I've never really..."he stumbled, for the first time since we had been standing here he sounded unsure.

"How to be a boyfriend?" I offered, seeing him nod.

"I never really done the whole monogamy thing before so..." he admitted, making me grin.

"Well it's usually just with one person." I pointed out, watching him roll his eyes at me.

"Look October all I know is I care about you." He blurted out, saying the words fast, as if he had to force them out, "In more then a 'have your back in the ring' kind of way."
"How about in a 'have each others backs every day' kind of thing?" I asked,

"I can do that. That sounds doable." He nodded.

Bringing my hands to the back of his neck I put pressure, pulling him down but before our lips met the first spasm started, racing down my spine and I winced. Dean froze, watching my face contort in pain.