Chapter 44. Options & Dark Promos

The two days in North Carolina were shorter then I wanted them to be but in the end it was all I needed to get myself back on track. I felt centered and ready to get back and get focused. Jeff was currently driving me to the airport, Matt picking him up from the airport after he dropped off the rental car for me.

"Can I ask you something?" I murmured, turning my head to look over at him.

"Anything darlin' you know that." He nodded, fingers tapping on the wheel.

"Have you ever wanted to quit wrestling? I'm not talking about leaving because you were forced or because you were kicked out but because you just wanted to." I questioned, seeing his head snap over, eyes looking a little worried.

"Where's this coming from?" he drawled, the worry making his accent thicker.

"I guess I'm just thinking about what I'm doing when I go back to RAW tonight." I sighed, picking at my nails, "I'm starting back at the bottom and working my way back up. They say once you're at the top there's no way to go but down, they really aren't kidding about that."

"That is true but are you walking away because of that or because of everything else that's happened?" he murmured, and I thought about it, the car silent for a few moments.

"When I walked away from this the first time it was out of anger, and because I felt that was my only choice." I frowned, leaning my elbow on the ledge of the car door, running my hand over my hair, "I ended up back here because I obviously wasn't done with this, I felt like I didn't finish everything I had to do with this company..."

"And now you feel like you have?" he asked, sounding unsure.

"I don't know. All I know is if I leave, it's because I want to not because I feel like I don't have a choice." I said simply.

Jeff was strangely silent as we continued driving down the highway. The road we were driving on was quiet, only passing a few cars since we started driving. Suddenly, and without any warning, Jeff hit the brakes, pulling the car onto the side of the road. Bracing my arm against the dash we slid to a halt, the force of the stop making me flail back in my seat. Whipping my head towards Jeff I watched him slam the car in park, facing me in the drivers seat.

"What the hell was that all about?" I gaped, eyes wide as I watched him hit the hazard lights.

"If you walk away from wrestling Lila, I will too." Jeff told me, my mouth dropping open.

"What?" I gasped, the words not really sinking in.

"If you walk away I will too." He repeated, looking me dead in the eye, "I'm not saying you have to make a decision right this second, obviously this is a huge choice..."

"This isn't something to be taken lightly Jeff, this is...this is careers, our whole life." I pointed out, barely able to strong my thoughts together.

"Believe me I know but I you could just think about it for one second. I know you love it here, North Carolina does something to you and I see it every time you're here." He pointed out, and I knew he was right, "You come here with the weight of the world on your shoulders and when you leave you're so much better. Imagine if you didn't have to leave. If this was your life. Here."

I opened my mouth to say something but nothing would come out. I sat back, staring at Jeff as my mind played with the idea of staying in North Carolina. This place did wonders on my soul and being here brought such peace with it.