Chapter 43. Admissions and Space

I followed Roman down the hall and into the chapel on the floor, peeking in to see if it was empty. Sitting in one of the chairs I sat in front of him, watching as he leaned back, blowing out a breath.

"Are you okay?" I asked, wondering how he was taking Galina's reaction to the question.

"I was just about to ask you the same thing." He frowned and my head jerked up, confused as to where the conversation was heading, "Dean...said some things."

I was still confused until I realized what things Dean might've said and I groaned, running a hand over my face. Roman leaned forward, confusion and a touch of anger in his grey/green eyes.

"What's on going Lila? Talk to me." He asked, catching my gaze.

"It's nothing Ro, it was just...too many emotions flying around and things got a little out of hand." I shook my head, not wanting him to worry, "Trust me, everything is fine."

"Dean just said you looked a little upset this morning heading into the bathroom..." he trailed off and I bit the inside of my lip.

"Ro, we had a PPV and then jumped on a plane, sat in a hospital for hours and then got to witness a miracle. There was a lot happening and it was a just a reaction to everything." I explained, seeing him staring intently at me, "Look Dean and I both agreed that it was nothing, a momentary lapse in judgement and things will go back to normal once we're back to work and away from Mateo."

Roman was staring at me, watching for any kind of slip up but I stared back evenly. Raising an eyebrow I waited as he studied me until he sighed.

"Okay, I just wanted to make sure you were alright." He nodded, running a thumb over my knuckles, "Things have been just as crazy for you and as much as I hate it, I feel like I've been neglecting you."

"I'm not being...Roman, you're not neglecting me. You have a beautiful family to worry about first now and I'm perfectly fine with that." I laughed, the smile dying at the serious look on his face.

"I'm serious. I don't...I don't want what happened last time to happen again. I don't think I could handle you leaving again." He shook his head.

"Roman, I'm not going anywhere." I stated firmly, his eyes on our clasped hands, "Look at me," I ordered, his head lifting up, "I'm not leaving. I'm not walking out on us and neither are you. After everything with Seth I could never walk out on you or Dean."

"Okay." He nodded, taking a deep breath, "Okay."

"In all honestly though I'm surprised Dean said anything about it at all." I shrugged, following Roman's lead as he got to his feet, heading towards the doors.

"Yeah, well I swung at him anyways." Roman commented casually and I stopped in my tracks, head snapping up.

"Roman!" I exclaimed, seeing the slight sheepish look his face, "You can't swing at every guy who kisses me. I'm 26."

"Don't care." He shrugged, throwing an arm over my shoulder, "As long as you're really okay with what happened."

"I'm perfectly fine." I nodded, pushing away the little voice in my head that reminded me of the hurt feelings in the bathroom.

Walking into the room Dean looked up, an odd look on his face. Galina herself had a look of satisfaction on hers. The room had filled up while we were gone, her family and Roman's scattered around, leaving me to stand awkwardly while Roman went to the side of her bed. Dean caught my eye, moving slightly in the chair and I walked over. Squeezing in next to him I laid my head back, resting it on his shoulder as we sat quietly.