Chapter 25. Dean

The week flew by till Payback, leaving me with a mess of a head and emotions that were flipping hot and cold by the second. I had everyone's opinions stuck in my head but I couldn't figure out what to do in the end and it was driving me crazy. On the outside though I was still me, cracking jokes and just doing everything I could to keep the normalcy of the bus. As we rolled up in LA on Sunday I was getting to the end of my wits, not sure what I was doing anymore. Sitting on the couch I was half sucked into my head and half watching Roman and Seth play video games when Dean tapped me on the head. Turning I saw his shorts and tank top and knew immediately what he was doing.

"Come for a run?" he asked, stretching his leg, holding the counter.

"Yes." I said immediately, jumping up and heading to the bedroom.

Changing into a sports bra and tank top I left my leggings on that I had. Lacing up my shoes I grabbed my phone and stuck it on the sleeve I pulled onto my arm. Tucking my headphones into my ear I stretched my arms out, ignoring Seth's pointed look and headed out the door. Stretching as quickly as I could without risking hurting myself I glanced over at Dean seeing him waiting patiently. Nodding we took off across the parking lot, starting off easy. After months and months of fighting it felt nice to be able to do something easy with Dean, no communication needed, just running side by side. We knew we had to take it easy since Payback was tonight but we jogged for a decent amount of time before we slowed to a walk, a few blocks away from the arena. My chest was burning but it felt good to release all the stress I had been holding in the last week or so. Handing me his water bottle I gulped some down, soothing the ache in my chest and limbs.

"You look better now." Dean commented, taking the water back and finishing it off.

"What do you mean?" I questioned, voice breathy as I caught my breathe back.

"You might be able to fool Seth and Roman but you can't hide anything from me." He grinned, a dimple flashing in his cheek, "I know when you're stressed and you've been stressed."

"How the hell do you know and they don't?" I grumbled, hating when he was right.

HE shrugged casually, pulling his shirt over her head before wiping his face with it, the sheen as he hung it from the back of his shorts. All the things I was going to say flew out the window as I used all my focus to not watch the sweat drip down his skin.

"I know you well enough to know when you're waging a war in your head." He said firmly, his raspy voice making my eyes flash forward, "I don't know what it's about and I'll be honest I don't want to know, not because I don't care but because it's not my decision to help make."

"So why bring it up then?" I shot back, glancing up at him.

Dean was quiet as we walked, getting closer and closer to the arena. I kept glancing up at him, watching his hair flop gently with each step, the copper color that I so easily recognized anywhere on fire in the midday sun.

"Whatever decision you're struggling with, "Dean began, looking a tad unsure of himself, "I'm behind you. Just don't ever worry that you'll be alone cause you wont be."

"Even if I make the wrong one?" I frowned, following Dean into the parking lot of the arena.

"Especially if you make the wrong one, who else is gonna pick your ass up after you fall on your face?" he scoffed, softening his words with that smile that I always felt he reserved just for me.

"Thanks Dean, I really needed to hear that." I smiled brightly, watching those blue eyes flash all over my face.

Nodding we jogged lightly back to the bus, scrambling inside to shower and get ready for another PPV show.