Chapter 19. Best Friend Opinions

Sitting in the locker room my eyes were glued to my boots, hunched over myself as a bottle of water dangled from my hand. I still couldn't believe what happened, my throat burning as I thought about the way I was brought to my knees in the middle of the ring. Seth and Roman were pacing around the room, the anger between them keeping each other more and more riled up. Getting that tingling feeling at the back of my neck my eyes flickered to the right, Dean staring at me, not even caring that he got caught.

"Don't worry Lila, we're gonna take care of them, tonight." Roman announced, breaking my gaze with Dean to look up at him, "They took things way too far with you."

"Do what you feel you have to but I'm going to the bus, I don't have it in me to stay here or go back out tonight." I shook my head, getting to my feet and grabbing my bag.

"Lila, we need you, come on." Seth murmured, coming to stand in front of me, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me close.

Usually when Seth held me I felt safe, and secure and where I wanted to be but now I felt smothered and I didn't like it. Pulling back I stepped out of his arms, seeing the confusion on his face under the anger.

"I just got...humiliated on national television. I'm going to the bus to lick my wounds so the thought of going back out there next week doesn't make me cringe." I explained simply, swallowing what was left of my tattered pride.

"No one is gonna remember you for this one little thing baby girl, I promise that." Roman chimed in, looking frustrated.

"I will." I sighed, the ache in my throat still making my throat slightly raspy, "Do what you have to but tonight you have to do it without me."

Brushing past everyone I walked out of the locker room, just ready to get to the bus and deal with the overabundance of emotion I was feeling. I only made it a few feet down the hall before I heard the door open and footsteps coming up quickly behind me. Turning I saw Seth standing there, obviously not done with the conversation.

"You're running." He began, my eyebrow twitching at his first words, "I've never seen you run from anything in your whole time of being here, and before then, so don't start now."

"Seth, I don't have it in me tonight to argue with how completely insensitive you are being right now." I said slowly, keeping my temper in check.

"I'm not being insensitive Lila, I saw what happened to you, I went out there as soon as I could but I can't let you do this. You're tucking you tail between your legs and you're running." He pointed out, fiddling with the straps on his gloves.

"I'm not even dignifying that with an answer." I growled, turning and walking away, hearing his intake of breath.

"You do this with your family too, you leave an argument and you go and stew about it until you bury it and you don't deal with it. It has to stop." He called out, making me stop in my tracks.

"And who made you in charge of my life and my emotions?" I shot back, turning and staring at him down the hall.

"You gave me some say when I put that ring on your finger." He said firmly, an immediate frown appearing between my brows.

"Really? You're going to go all macho man on me now because you put a ring on my finger? Here's a piece of advice Colby, don't think just because I'm marrying you that you can in any way, shape or form control me. It doesn't work that way." I growled, seeing the anger flare up on his face as well.