Chapter 33. Remembering The Threat

After our moment on the air, we retreated back to the locker room, the adrenaline and anger still very much coursing through our veins. A match had been scheduled for tonight, Dean, Roman and John versus the Wyatt's, the odd team still sending chills down my spine as I passed them occasionally in the hall. There was something about them that was tickling the back of my memory but I couldn't put my finger on it, sitting on the bench and trying to recall what it was.

"Are you ok?" I heard a voice question, coming from directly in front of me.

My head snapped up, realizing that it was only me and Dean in the room, Roman walking out and I hadn't even noticed. Nodding I could see the slight worry in his eyes as he crouched down, staring straight at me.

"You don't have to pretend to be okay you know." He pointed out, bouncing slightly, still obviously restless.

"I'm not pretending." I shook my head, "Honestly Dean I'm just more pissed at myself that I didn't see this coming."

"It's not all on you, we didn't see it either." Dean frowned, standing up to full height, resuming his pacing, "We all missed it."

"I shared a bed with him, and almost shared a life." I pointed out, my own anxiety forcing me to my feet, "I spent all this time with him and I barely knew him, barely even recognized the signs that he was going to betray us..."

"Stop."

Dean snagged my wrist, forcing me to stop my own frantic pacing, my eyes flickering up. I could see the same anger, the same almost confusion in his own eyes that I could feel in mine. We were both completely blown out of the water by this and we had no idea how to begin to fix anything. The only solid thing in my world right now was Dean's hand against my wrist, easily wrapping around me. Wiggling out of his grip I slipped my hand down into his, grasping it tightly, hoping he would ignore the slight dampness of my palms.

"I have no idea what's going to happen to us in the next little while. I know we have meetings with music and story but..." I trailed off, not sure how to put my thoughts into words.

"But what?" Dean pressed, fingers gripping onto mine.

"What if this is the end, of us? OF me and you and Roman. I know what you're going to say. I know you're gonna say we'll always be together and nothing will change but this is exactly how it starts. WE split up and suddenly we see each other less and less and then suddenly it's nods in the hall and a wave here and there." I rambled, feeling the tightness in my chest as all my fears came spilling out.

Dean was silent after I managed to clamp my lips together, stopping the flow of words. I couldn't tell what he was thinking, those blue eyes holding a million emotions and none at all. I could feel the tension rising in the room until he finally took a deep breath.

"I'm not going anywhere." Was his answer, staring down at me with one of the most intense expressions I had ever seen, "And neither are you and neither is Roman. IF you think I'm gonna let you waltz right out of my life after all the shit we've been through..."

Dean trailed off as the door opened, Roman walking back in as Dean dropped my hand. I knew there was nothing else that he would say on the subject, the moment broken. There wasn't much else to do but wait till out match, the time dragging slowly. The worst part was the fact that it was glaringly obvious that there was one person missing, the empty spot mocking me in the worst way. There was only about ten minutes left in the match when there was a knock at the door, all three of us freezing. Most people left us alone, and I couldn't remember the last time someone had actually knocked on our door. Moving forward I heard Roman make a noise of protest just as I opened it. Feeling the relief flow through me I opened it wide, letting John walk inside.