Chapter 51. Proving It With Dire Consequences

The second I stepped into the door I knew, the tension in the air so thick you could carve it with a knife. The door shut softly behind me as I stepped into the room fully, Dean and Roman on opposites side, neither of them looking at each other. Roman glanced up as I walked in, giving the smallest head shake but I turned to look at Dean. He was sitting in the same spot as earlier, but the way he was bouncing his leg and the way his hands were gripped I knew, recognizing all the signs. As though he could hear me thinking his eyes flashed upwards, pinning me with one gaze.

"Who's side are you really on?" Dean questioned and my eyebrow twitched upwards.

"Don't do this man." Roman groaned, attempting to stop the fight before it even began.

"No I'm serious. You've been with us since this happened but suddenly when that scumbag shows up your all 'gimme 5' and perfectly happy to waltz out with him?" Dean questioned, getting to his feet, "What did he want?"

"Oh, I get to talk now?" I asked sarcastically, watching as those blue eyes narrowed, "I get a chance to speak, or do you still have more accusations to throw my way?"

"It's not accusations when you actually do the things I'm saying Lila." Dean pointed out, holding his hands out by his side, "Tell me I'm wrong."

"You're wrong Dean, your jumping on the suspicious train going full speed ahead." I grumbled, shaking my head.

"So what did you talk about then?" he questioned, swaggering forward, having spent the whole time I was gone getting to this point.

"What does it matter?" I shot back, standing my ground.

"It matters because we just recently had someone turn their backs on us and destroy us. Forgive me if I'm a little skeptical of people at the moment." Dean growled, Roman getting up, recognizing that tone.

"Maybe we just didn't want to hash out our shit in front of an audience Dean." I grumbled, really not wanting to have to go over that conversation again.

"Oh so now its 'we' and 'our'?" Dean chuckled, the usually normal sound sounding fake and harsh, "Suddenly it's back to that."

"Don't do this." I shook my head, suddenly feeling exhausted.

"Do what? Ask you what your doing running around with someone who just destroyed us? Who literally stabbed us in the back? Who put the two people who you say you care about on the mat, face down in front of thousands of people?" Dean continued, getting angrier and angrier, "For someone who says they care about us you got a funny way of showing it."

"Dean..." Roman said warningly, staring at my face.

I could feel the last little bit of self control I had left snap. Each hair on my body raised up, anger flowing unchecked through my veins as I glared up at Dean. I was angry before with Seth but this was a whole new level.

"I get it, your hurt and your angry and you don't know if you can fully trust us. Boo-fucking-hoo Dean." I mocked, Dean's eyes widening, "I just stood there and told someone that I didn't want to marry him. I want to be married but I didn't wanna marry him. I'm sure you break hearts on the daily Dean, with your reputation but here's the thing. I don't. I never wanted to be that person and tonight I was."

I watched as Dean realized what we had to talk about, the reason Seth had come to the locker room alone. I was too far gone to let him say a single word about anything though, the flow of words coming before I could even think about stopping them.