Chapter 6. Surprise

Sorry about the shitty chapter guys. I'm trying to get back into the swing of things after a massive case of writers block. So the next couple chapters might not be up to par. Bare with me though.

Extreme Rules 3 Weeks Later

"You'd think by now that Evolution would give up, I mean I haven't talked to Randy since the New York incident, but he was pretty much back on my side at that point." I grumbled, Roman walking beside me with a grin, "What's the end game with this you know?"

"I think Triple H is just tired of you running the show here and he's trying to take it back." Roman rumbled, the amusement obvious in his voice.

"Well, they wanted me back. I don't know what they expected." I shrugged, the two of us wandering the halls, dressed and ready to go.

"Either way we just take them down, as many times as needed." Roman murmured, taking his phone out of his pocket, quickly texting.

He had been on that phone more and more lately, but I didn't even bother asking, not getting anywhere with anyone on my team. We had managed to keep things together in the ring but outside of that things were tense. Dean and I were back to nearly how we were at the start, barely hidden insults veiled in our conversations. We were on our way to meet up with Seth and Dean for the match we had tonight, back up against Evolution for what felt like the thousandth time. I knew I wasn't the only one who was sick of this but there wasn't much we could do about it. Seth and Dean were standing at the doors we walked in through, both of them looking tense and amped up at the same time, Dean barely flashing me a glance. Seth gave me a strained smile, a glimmer of something sad in those brown eyes, something I had been seeing lately. Walking up I glanced around at everyone.

"We ready?" I asked, adjusting the straps on my gloves.

"Always." Seth nodded, each of us getting into position.

Our music started, and we walked out and down the stairs, the rush of adrenaline hitting me no less every time we did this. The thousands of fans on their feet chased away any crappy feelings I had been feeling lately, a grin plastered on my face as I leapt over the barrier. Heading to the corner I held my title over my shoulder, successfully keeping it out of the hands of Charlotte Flair earlier in the evening. The boys got into the rig, staring towards the stage as Evolutions them hit. There were cheers but I could hear the jeers mixed in with it, obviously letting us know which side Pittsburgh was on tonight. As the bell rang, Seth and Batista were the first to go head to head, immediately attacking each other. For some reason tonight I couldn't focus on the match, feeling like someone was watching me intently. Glancing around the only eyes I saw on me surprisingly were Dean's, a cold smirk on his lips and I felt a shiver of apprehension. Walking up beside him I looked up, Roman focused on the match.

"What?" I asked, hating that expression on his face.

"You look jittery tonight, something up?" he asked, hands gripping the top rope.

"Why do you care?" I questioned, seeing the smirk grow wider as he crouched down.

"I don't. I just thought it was because your brother was watching." He commented casually, and I could feel all the blood drain from my face.

"What?" I breathed, the tightness in my chest getting worse by the second.

"If you turn around he's at your 2 o'clock." Dean pointed out, standing back up.