Chapter 31. Sell Out

Smackdown was tonight but we weren't scheduled for anything tonight which I was incredibly grateful for. Instead Jeff and I were parked in his car in the arena, waiting for the bus to come through the steel gate with my other two favorite people in the world. Jeff and I were had been in a deep discussion for the last hour about the new gimmick we had come up with. Jeff had put a lot of time and thought into this with me and as we fine tuned to last little bit I was satisfied I had found something that reflected who I was and who I always would be.

"You know this is very you but at the same time I really think the WWE Universe is really gonna get behind you on this." Jeff tapped the book we had been scribbling in.

"I hope so cause this means letting go of the wild card gimmick." I sighed, seeing the words scribbled on the paper, "I'm nervous. The Wild Card always worked for me."

"The Wild Card was who you were Lila. 18 year old you, still wet behind the ears, fresh outta training bad ass Diva. That's not you anymore." Jeff shook his head, tucking a curl behind my ear, "You're not a rookie anymore, you're not the wild card, you're not Shield, you are..."

"They're here." I announced, my heart leaping into my chest at the sight of the matte black bus turning into the lot.

Watching the bus back into a parking spot I opened the door, the heat in Texas smacking me in the face, catching my breath. The bruise on my face had faded into an ugly yellow so I went without the sunglasses, not worried about it so much. Jeff got out as well, the two of us moving to the front of the car.

"You act like you haven't seem them in months." Jeff teased, bumping his shoulder with mine as he leaned against the hood of the car.

"It feels like it. We do everything together so when we're apart it feels like a long time. Us, on the other hand, spend way too much time apart." I grinned, seeing him shake his head in amusement.

I heard the familiar sound of the bus door, the slight hissing noise as it swung open. The first one out of the bus was Roman, on the phone and I felt relief at just seeing his face, looking normal as always. MY guess was that Galina was on the other line, the two of them talking as much as possible when he was on the road. I didn't have too much time to dwell on that thought as Dean swaggered out of the bus, stretching his arms above his head, his white shirt riding up as he stepped onto the concrete. Squinting in the bright sun he looked around, stopping as he spotted me across the lot.

"Well get going." Jeff nudged me, breaking my stare and I started forward.

MY sneakers were nearly silent as I started a light jog across the lost, Dean smacking Roman on the arm to catch his attention before coming towards me. Slowing down as I got near I could see Roman ending his call by the bus doors. Meeting Dean in the middle of the lot I could already feel a slight sheen of sweat building on my skin, the sun blazing down.

"Roman's real chatty when you're not..." Dean began, that raspy voice sounding better then even after two days apart.

Jumping up I wrapped my arms around Dean's neck, having to stand on my tiptoes to even reach that high but I managed. Most of the initial fear and panic were gone, all that was left was gratefulness that I still had the two of them. Dean quickly wrapped his arms around me, lifting me off the ground and holding me tightly for a few seconds before setting me back down, not one for public displays of affection.

"I know, Roman talks a lot when I'm not there. We'll have a chat with him about it." I nodded, seeing the smirk pulling on his lips.

Roman himself walked up as we were grinning at each other and I reached up, hugging him tightly before settling back on my feet. Jeff came up beside me and the three of them shook hands, Jeff and Dean sharing a grin. It felt good to have the three of them together, everyone getting along for the most part.