Chapter 40. Emotions Running High

This ones for Blackwidow_Mcr   =D

I was still awake as the clock hit 4 in the morning, the cup of coffee in my hand the 3rd one since we had been in the room. Dean had given up trying to stay awake, instead sprawling out on the couch. His back was pressed against my chest, head resting in the crook of my shoulder as his long legs dangled off the edge of the couch. Surprisingly I was comfortable, the warmth from his body keeping me warm in the coolness of the hospital. Every once in awhile I could hear a sound coming from Galina's direction and my heart would race.

"Why do you think Roman picked me to be godfather?" Dean murmured, and I was surprised he was awake.

"Because he loves you. You're his brother and you mean the world to him." I said simply, scrolling through my phone.

"What does being a godfather mean? What do I have to do? Change diapers?" he asked, sounding a touch more panicked and I laughed.

"Being a godparent is a vague term, it's really up to the parents what they want you to do. Usually in my family it meant getting showered with gifts and being the cool Aunt or Uncle." I grinned, remembering my godmother being terribly flamboyant, my mother detesting her.

"I can be the cool Uncle." Dean decided, making me grin.

"I'm sure you can." I agreed.

My one arm was resting on the back of the couch the other scrolling through my phone. Dean shifted on the couch, adjusting himself so his arm wouldn't ache and my arm fell ontop of his chest. He didn't say a word about so I left it there, feeling his heart beat under the cotton of his shirt. There was something so relaxing about just sitting this way, neither of us having to talk or argue about anything.

"Do you want kids?" Dean asked suddenly, alarms going off in my head.

"Is this for real life or for our fake relationship?" I questioned, deflecting the question to give myself time to think.

Dean barked out a laugh, the noise loud in the room and I hushed him, clapping my hand over his mouth. I could still feel the smile on his face but he pulled my hand off, leaving it in the hollow of his chest.

"For real. I mean obviously you have a great career but did you ever want more?" he asked, almost sounding unsure.

"I never thought about it to be honest." I admitted, fingers finding the button on the collar of his shirt, fiddling with it, "Two years ago the answer would have been no but now, I'm not sure. If you would have asked me two years ago if I wanted to be married I would have said hell no but look at what happened. I nearly did get married. I think time changes your perspective on things."

"I know what you mean." Dean murmured, resting his face against my arm, "I hated you two years ago, look at where we are now."

"That's quite a change." I acknowledged, "Enemies, to friends, to enemies, to best friends to fake lovers. Who knew."

I felt the snort more then I heard it, a smile growing on your face. Adjusting slightly I leaned my head back on the couch, exhaustion creeping in on me slowly. Stretching out my legs I rested them on the table, feeling the ache in one of them.

"You're getting tired finally." Dean commented, sitting up and I groaned.

"Well I was comfortable there." I grumbled, sitting back up.