Chapter X: A New Partner

After what seems like hours, the car finally slows to a stop. I look out the window to see a large building, or at least what looked like one out of many large buildings in a large campus.

              'So this is CCG?' I ask myself. 

              My car door opens to reveal Mr. Shinohara. 

             'I didn't even realize that he had gotten out.' 

            He gives me his hand, helping me out before answering my unspoken question. 

          "This is CCG's main building. This is where you and I will be working for the most part." I nod in understanding at his explanation. 

           The trunk is emptied by our chauffeur and he hands me the bag before turning to Shinohara. 

          "Thanks, Mike." Shinohara says to him. 

         "Hey, no problem, Shinohara-san." the driver responds. 

         While they talk, I take a look at everything around me. The buildings all around me are very similar to that of L's HQ. They were all tall, grey, and covered with glass windows. Just by looking around I could tell that this campus was always busy. People walking back and forth along the sidewalks, some carrying stacks of papers, others with what loos like refreshments, and some even carried what looks like a silver brief case.

          'I wonder what they use those for?'  I think. 'I'll ask Shinohara-san later.'

          I then turn back to the two men as Mike gets back into the car. 

          "Don't worry. If you've got Shinohara as a partner, you'll be perfectly fine." he says before giving me a wink. "Good luck you two." He cheers before shutting the car door and pulling away.

         "Thank you." I wave as he drives away. I see him wave back through the back window.

         "Well, we should be off. I have a meeting to attend and you have some training to begin." He then proceeds to lead me through a crowd of various people.

***Time Skip***

         It's now lunch. Shinohara-san did actually have a meeting to attend so he left earlier than he expected to and after apologizing several times about the situation, he introduced me to someone named Seidou. 

          Seidou looked to be a right around me age since I was now about 19. He had brown eyes and short-long brown hair. He was only a little taller than I was. After Shinohara left, Seidou began my lesson. He thought it would be best to start with physical fitness (for whatever reason). 

         'Oh well, his funeral.'  

          After a good twenty minutes of Seidou constantly being thrown to the floor, he finally go the hint. He seems like a cool guy, but he was a little stubborn. I helped him up, chuckling. He looked at me with a light blush on is face.

          "W-wow, (y/n)-san. I didn't think th-that you had that i-in you." he stuttered, his face reddening even more by the each word. 

          "Well, I guess you can say that I had a good teacher." I laugh as he brushes himself off. 

         "And who would that be?" he questions. 

        "That's for me to know, and you to wrack your brain about." he sighs at my answer, making me laugh once again.