Chapter XVII: I Like Me Better

As we walked down the white corridors of the CCG, I couldn't help but think about Anteiku and how I was going to bring it up to Shinohara. I must've been a little too caught up in my thoughts because, as we were entering the lobby to reach the elevators, I almost ran into a large pillar in the middle of one of the walkways. 

     ALMOST. 

     As I approached it, I could hear Shinohara say something in the background. Must've been a warning. But luckily I was able to side step it at the last minuet and continue towards the elevator. 

     'Smooth, (y/n).' 

     Once we entered, my mentor of almost two years now, looked over at me. (Yes, two years, okay? It takes more that a week to earn a quinque, kay).

     "(y/n), are you okay? Something seems to be on your mind." At the sound of my name, Juuzou stops 'cuddling' his new quinque before looking up at me. 

     "Yes, I'm fine." I assure him with a convincing smile. 

     With that affirmation (and a curt nod), Juuzou then directs his attention back to his new 'toy' and I can't help but at least smile a little at his childish behavior. As we stepped off of the elevator and made our way to our desks, I decided to pull Shinohara aside. 

     "I knew it. What did he do this time?" Shinohara says with a sigh, tilting his head in Juuzou's direction. This caused me to giggle. 

     "Oh, it's not him. At least, not yet." I joke. 

     "Actually, I was wondering if agents would be aloud to have side jobs." I say with a serious expression.

      "What? But why? I would think that working at CCG would take up most of your time already." He gives me a confused look.

     "Yes, but what about on the weekends, or even the days that we get off early?" I say, this time looking up at him, showing him that I'm being serious about this. If I can convince him to let me work at Anteiku, then I might be able to get a more firm grasp on my 'other half'. I just have to make sure that my partners never find out. I don't know what I'd do if they did. Better question being: what would they do?

     After a couple moments of silence, Shinohara looks up from his contemplating. 

     "You never stop working, do you?" I smile before shaking my head. He sighs once again before nodding.

      "Yes, it is aloud, but just make sure that you don't over do it. If it ever becomes to much then just let me know, alright?" I nod once again before he rubs the top of my head, messing up my hair. 

     I then follow him into the office where it seems Seidou and Akira have already made it into a heated argument about something stupid, and non-work related. I roll my eyes and smirk before making my way over to my desk, sitting down, and putting my head phones on. 

     'Maybe I can get a little bit of work done before we leave.~'

      I look up as Juuzou takes his seat across from me, seemingly quite amused at the little argument going on before him. I shuffle through the piles of paperwork on my desk before I feel eyes on me. I look up slightly to see red orbs staring back at me. I smile, raising an eyebrow in question. He only smiles cutely before pointing to the (f/c) headphones on my head. I take one side off so I can hear him and still listen to the melody flowing out of the other side. 

     "Whatcha listening to?" he asks, leaning his head against his hand. 

     " 'I Like Me Better' by Lauv. " I answer.