Chapter XXIV: Oh-no

Long story short, Kaneki and I make it home (safely?) and I was able to clean myself up before Juuzou woke up. Conveniently, he did so right after I had cleaned myself up, but I don't think it would've make a difference if I was standing in the center of the room covered in blood and guts. He was still half asleep, so when he came up behind me, wrappings arms around my waist before burying his nose in between my shoulder blades, I stiffened before realizing his state.

     I giggle as he continues to nuzzle the area, making his way up my neck at my ear. 

     "Can I finish what I'm doing?" I laugh, feeling him shake him head, his hair tickling my neck. 

     "And why is that?" I pout. 

     He giggles before pressing his stitched lips to my ear. "Because you're mine and I said so." He purrs into my ear as his grasp on my waist tightens.

      I bite my lip attempting to keep quiet as he kisses my neck gently. He giggles once again before grabbing my arm, leading me into the bedroom. He gently pushed me onto the bed before climbing on the bed himself, getting under the covers.

      "Goodnight, (y/n)-chan. I can't wait for tomorrow." he sings before nuzzling his head into my neck. 

      "Me too." I admit, remembering our mission. My, how time flies.

      "Goodnight, Juuzou."

***Next day***

      "Shinooooharaaaaa-saaaaaaaaaan!" Juuzou shouts, running down the hallway toward our offices, causally dragging me behind him. Honestly, he was going so fast that if I were to plant my feet flat on the floor, I think he could pull my along like I was nothing.

     Juuzou comes to a halt as we reach our destination, literally six inches in from of Shinohara.

     "Oh, there you two are. I was beginning to think that you weren't coming." He says with a smile. 

      "And miss this?" Juuzou starts.

     "No way!" I finish.

      They both chuckle before Shinohara grabs his quinque, Juuzou does the same. I walk into the office to retrieve mine and right as I'm about to turn away, I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn to meet Seido, his face held a look of determination.

      "(y/n)-san, I just wanted to wish you good luck!" He says with a serious face, making me laugh. 

       Once I do, his façade falters a bit. "And too... too give you this." He looks away before handing me a white rose. 

     'Aw, how sweet.'  I smile before taking it, knowing perfectly well that Juuzou was watching our every move.

     "Thank you, Seidou."

     I hear Juuzou grunt from the doorway and I decided to mess with my boyfriend a teeny bit. I lean up to Seido before pressing a light kiss to his cheek. I feel Seidou stiffen as Juuzou lets out a low growl. I laugh as I pull away from Seidou's bright red face. He begins to stutter as I walk away.

       "Bye Seidou! Thanks again." I say with a wave and a wink before walking down the hall to meet Juuzou and Shinohara. 

      Shinohara looks like he's about to laugh as Juuzou glares at me.

     "Are you done now?" He growls, looking away.

     "Nope. Not just yet." I then lean down, giving I'm a light peck on the lips before straightening back up.