Chapter XX: Stitches

I awake early the next morning to find Juuzou's still peacefully asleep next to me. Apparently he had fallen asleep early yesterday, and stayed that way even after I had gotten home. I tried to wake him up, but it was a lost cause. I gently kiss his forehead after moving aside his bangs, and take a shower. Once I finish, I wrap a towel around my body before walking out of the bathroom, only to see that the bed is now empty. 

     'Hm, he must've gone out to the kitchen.' I think, before I feel hands grab my waist and pull me toward their owners.

      I manage to suppress a squeak as I feel his arms pull my closer. 

    "Mornin'!" He says, happily before gently kissing my shoulder. I feel a shiver run down my spine before I turn around to face him. 

     "Good morning, love. How did you sleep?" I ask with a nervous smile, I mean, I was practically naked. 

     I readjust the grip on my towel before he seems to realize my discomfort. He giggles before releasing me and turning back to look at me with a smile.

      "Here's to lookin' at you, kid." He says with a smirk before turning and skipping down the hallway. 

     I couldn't help but freeze for a second before I broke into a hysterical laughing fit. "I can't believe... that you actually.... remembered that line." I said between breaths. 

      A few days ago, he had wanted to watch a movie by the time I had gotten back from Anteiku, and for some reason, Casablanca was the first thing that came to my mind. It was a classic, romantic story that I thought would fit in the moment. 

       After my laughing fit, I proceeded to dress and race I out the door to my new 'job'. Before I leave, I'm stopped, once again my adorable, stitched roommate. 

     "Wait, (y/n)-chan. Before you go. I want to ask you something." I turn to him, raising an eyebrow, signaling for him to continue. 

     "Do you think you can get back early again? I want to stitch you tonight since I couldn't do it yesterday." He says with a closed-eyed smile. 

      "Only if can grab dinner while you're out with Shinohara-San, today." He nods several times before releasing my wrist. I peck his forehead before making my way out of the complex, and down the street to Anteiku. 

********  Time Skip ********

       After working half of the morning waiting tables, and spending the other half training with Yomo and Kaneki, Yomo decided that it was time for something more advance. Being as tight-lipped as usual, he lead the two of us to the top of the café. Looking around, I noticed a few things: the café itself was a good three stories tall, and there was really nothing below that could break a fall besides the clothed archway above the entrance to the café. 

      "What's up here?" Kaneki asks with a skeptical undertone. 

     "The top of the building." Yomo says, as stoic as usual. 

     I snicker as I watch Kaneki's face fall some before turning back to man in front of us.

      "Yoshimura wanted me to try something today." Yomo says as he walks over to me, stopping only a foot or so away. 

    "Could you get a little closer or-" I take a step back to loosen the tightness between us, but I was closer to the edge then I remembered being. I feel my heel just miss the edge of the building before I'm forced to reach forward, grabbing the closest thing in front of me.