Chapter XIV: You're At Least Half

***Fluff warning***

         The next morning I wake up, taking a deep breath. I attempt to sit up but I'm pulled back by a pair of arms wrapped around my waist. I immediately remember what happened yesterday.  

         'That's right. Juuzou kissed me... and... I kissed back. We watched some movies then went to bed and he asked to sleep with me-' As these thoughts race through me head, I hear a soft groan from behind me before someone nuzzles into my back. 

         "Mmmh." I hear him hum from behind me. 

         I smirk. "Good morning, love." I coo, still with my back towards him. 

        "Hm? Oh, good morning, (y/n)-chan." he says behind me, snuggling into my back even more, his voice slightly deeper than before. 

       'Ah, the magic of morning voice.' 

        I roll over on my side to face him only to realized that he had taken off his shirt. I blush deeply, realizing I'm staring. 

       'Dang it!'

       Since he had a thin build, he wasn't incredibly muscular, but that didn't stop all of the physical training that he had been through to give him a faint six pack 

       "Like what ya see?" He giggles, teasing me.

         Snapping out of my trance, I'm able to come up with a witty response. 

         "Eh, I've seen better." Instead of him pouting like I expected, he clicks his tongue, rolling his eyes before grinning, widely.

          "Sure you have~" He smirks.

          'Wait, do Matt and Mello count?' I think, remembering all of the times we had to train outside in the hot sunlight.

           He hums before speaking. "I got hot last night so I decided to take of my shirt. I hope you don't mind, (y/n)-chan." he says in a child-like manner, closing one eye and looking up at me 

            'How can I say no to that face?' 

           "No... that's fine." I look to the side.

            He closes his eyes again, a small smile present on his face. I take this chance to examine the stitches on his neck. I use my finger to trace along them, from where they start on his under his chin to right above the center of his collarbone.  As I trace the outline of his handy work, he opens his eyes, watching me. 

            "What did you mean? When you said that you couldn't really feel things like this?" I ask, looking over the stitches a last time before meeting his red orbs.

             He purses his lips, seemingly remembering something. 

          "Did you mean that you just don't feel pain at all, or is it only in certain parts of your body? Or is it something more completely?" 

          He grabs my hand, seemingly examining it before deciding to play with a strand of my hair. 

        "Well, it's really the first one. I can't feel pain. Ever since I was little, mama would-" He falls silent before letting out a weak giggle. I reach up and cup his check, placing a light kiss on his nose, making him smile. 

        "This may sound weird but... there's something I wanted to ask you when I first saw you, but I thought you'd think I was crazy or something." he raises an eyebrow and gestures for me to continue.