Chapter XXXII: Kira Case [Part 2] Frenemy

Let's just say that i hope you guys really like this chapter. It's over 5000 words which is around twice as long as usual so I hope you enjoy it.

I'll still take requests and such for my other stories, just a heads up.

Also, I'm going on a school trip next week and won't be able to write so I hope this will satisfy you. Sorry for any grammatical errors, let me know if you find any. Thank you so much for 1.7k reads!

******************

I woke up to the sound of someone texting me and I already knew who it was. It's been around a week since I moved in with L to work on the Kira case and Juuzou and I had already set up a little schedule with each other. He texted me first thing in the morning and usually was the one who woke me up and I would text him in the evening whenever I finish with work for the day since I seem to finish far later than he does now. We'd have stupid little conversations during the day too but I needed to start being more careful with them, because I really don't think that me suddenly breaking out into obscene fits of laughter while the most important JPD members risk getting heart attacks (get it) at my unexpected outburst. I just can't help myself. It's not my fault that Juuzou seems to the be only one with the ability to lighten up a room without even being in it. 

Anyway, I sat up, stretching my arms over my head before sluggishly rubbing the sleep from my eyes. I grabbed my phone, which I keep on my nightstand, and unlocked it before giggling at the cute good morning messge he sent me. 

StitchesGOOD MORNING!!! I hope you slept well because I'm going to text you a lot today. Shinohara-San says we have a LOT of boring meetings today so that means that better stay awake to help keep me awake. Anyway, good luck! Love ya!

I giggle as I type my reply. I figured that he really did have a lot of meetings today judging by the lack of emojis that he constantly uses. I think it was probably actually the emojis he used when texting that made me laugh more than just what he says. I press send and hop out of bed and to the bathroom. I'm almost never a morning person, but hearing from Juuzou first thing in the morning really makes them that much more tolerable. 

I fix my hair and throw on a skirt and a cold shoulder shirt with a white bomber jacket with the sleeves rolled up to my elbows before slipping on a pair of flats. I usually wouldn't wear something like this but when you're stuck inside of an office building, not doing many physical activities, than this is pretty comfortable. Makes me remember when the guys would always joke about me being a total girl on some days and a complete tomboy on others. 

Just as I'm making  my way to the door, I hear a knock on the other side. I walk over and open it, seeing that no one's there. I look around the corner just in time to see the tails on Watari's coat disappear behind the corner. I smile a little and pick up the small package that was left in front of my door. It was a box wrapped in brown packaging with a black ribbon tied around it. There was also a little note attached to the top. I picked up the package and brought it inside, placing it on the bed while I read the note out loud.

"This arrived earlier this morning. There was another note attached, something about apologizies for a late arrival but hoping that whatever's inside suits your fancy." 

I recognized Watari's handwriting on the card I was holding and I wondered what was inside. I took off the ribbon and the paper only to find a brown box underneath filled with packing paper. I reach inside and my hand meets something cold. I pull it out and marvel at what I was holding. 

"My mask...!" I mumble. "Wow, Uta wasn't kidding when he said he'd make modifications." The mask was made out of a leathery material, but instead of being completely black like Kaneki's there was a faint purple/blue tint where the light hit it. It did have and eyepatch for my right eye that seemed to be made out of silk. There was a laced design on top of it too, made from white lace. From the top of the nose to the corners of the jawline was a piece of leather with a zipper for the mouth like Kaneki's, but there was not mouth design. Finally, as a last touch there was black mesh that ran from under the eyes to a leather strap in the back where it would hook over my ears and fasten behind my head. I traces my fingers over the designs before placing it back in the box, placing it under my bed.