Chapter XXXIX: Kira Case [Final] Pinkie Promise

A/N - Okay, so I think I'm going to make the story 2nd person P.O.V. from now on. It seems easier to write that way. That also means that I'll be going back through pervious chapters to edit/review a bit but the story line won't be changing. Let me know what you guys think and thanks for the support this far!

<<***>>
You yawn, groggily pulling the soft, warm... whatever it was you were cuddling closer to your bare chest. You suddenly furrow your brows, feeling a cool, hard surface beneath you. Well, this was uncomfortable.

'Why am I sleeping on the floor again...?'  Still groggy and half asleep, you're barely miss the tug on your arms as you feel the object in between them start to wriggle out of your grasp. You instinctively pull it closer, nuzzling into it only for a familiar giggle to reach your ears as they try even harder to pull away.

"(Y/n)-chan~" Juuzou's voice flitters throughout the room and you open an eye. Your vision fills with the sight of his bare back and red stitches trailing from his shoulder and down his slender arm which was hidden from your view by the rest of his body.

"(Y/n)-chan, you're squeezing me!" He laughs all ready fully awake.

His voice was slightly deeper than normal, signally that he did just wake up. In a way it might've hinted a voice that could've been natural if only he hadn't been taken in by ghouls at such a young age.

"Deal with it." You grumble tiredly, just loosening your grasp just enough to feel him roll over in your arms.

He smiles at you with half lidded eyes before he dips his head to your neck, nuzzling you back. He lets out a sort of purr and you swear you feel your heart melt.

'This boy... he's an angel.' 

You run your fingers through his hair and place a kiss at the top of his head.

"Wanna do something today?" You ask, your eyes sliding shut again as you adjust your position, his head now resting on your chest.

He's quiet for a second as he sits up, pulling on a pair of boxers and his shirt, sleep still evident in his eyes-

He gasps loudly, jumping up and down, all signs of fatigue suddenly vanishing.

"It's today! It's today!" He jumps around the room in excitement.

"Wait, what's today?" You tilt your head as he turns to you with wide eyes, smiling brightly.

"The raid! It's today!" Your eyes widen a bit as you bite the inside of your cheek.

'That's today? How did I not remember?'

"That means I'll get to fight today. And we might get to face the Owl!" He seemed way to excited about this. But then again, this is Juuzou. You just couldn't help but wish he wasn't so eager to run straight into possible death.

"Right... of course..." You mutter quietly, sudden remembering something.

'Near wanted me to call him.'

"Something wrong, (y/n)-chan?" Juuzou asks sweetly, crouching to the floor before wrapping his arms around you from behind.

"No, I just need to make a call. Don't worry." You give him what you hope was a convincing smile before grabbing your phone from under your pillow. You stand, throwing on your own clothes before heading to the sliding glass doors of the apartment's balcony.

'I just realized that I barely even come out here.'  You take a deep breath of fresh morning air after sliding the glass door shut, enjoying the almost silent peacefulness of the early morning.