Chapter XXII: Tsukiyama Shuu

A/N: Okay, so I know that the timelines for weeks and such are messed up and have been for a while, but I hope it's not so out of order that it makes the story frustrating to read. I have a lot I want to add and I'm working on it as fast as possible. It's just kinda hard to put into words. I hope that you all are still enjoy the story!

**************************

     "Are you serious?!"

     'Here we go again.'  I sigh before lazily looking up at the source of the commotion: the scolder and the scold

     "This is the fifth one this week!" Nishiki shouts at Roma as she bends down and begins to clean up what was left of the broken tea cup, mumbling incoherent apologies and how she plans on making up for it next time.

     "Stop your blubbering will you? Jeez, you're annoying." Nishiki sighs, bringing his hand to the bridge of his nose.

      This is pretty much a summary of Anteiku's morning so far. Touka was watching Hinami as Yoshimura went out for a bit. Meanwhile, I was stuck here cleaning and waiting tables with Koma and Irimi. That wasn't the bad part. That part would be the fact that I've had to listen to Nishiki shouting and Roma crying for the past three and a half hours. Queue the headache.

     "Well, maybe if you were to help her instead of scolding her then she might not give you such a headache." I suggest, nonchalantly retuning my attention to the counter I was currently wiping down.

     "Ha ha, very funny. Don't you have coffee to make or some sh*t like that?" he groans.

     "Excuse me? What the hell is that supposed to mean?" I snap.

     "Simple. You make coffee and clean, and I sit back and relax~" He sighs loudly, taking a seat in the nearest chair before lifting his feet onto the table.

     'I just washed that table too.'  I feel my eye twitch, but I'm able to sustain showing any other form of annoyance.

     "I have an idea." I announce, gaining both of their attention. 

     "How about we take a break," I say. referring to Roma and myself as I walk over to her side and throw an arm over her shoulder. 

     "and we let glasses over here take care of the rest." I smirk, watching Nishiki go from annoyed to pissed in 0.3 seconds.

     "Yeah, I'd-I'd like that." Roma squeaks out. 

     "Why you-" Nishiki starts, standing form his seat.

     "Hey, we're back!" Touka announces as she and Hinami make their way through the door. 

     "Thank goodness!" Roma shouts, throwing her hands in the air.

     I chuckle before helping Touka with the grocery bags in her hands.

    "Thanks." She mumbles. 

    "Don't mention it." I respond with a soft smile. We then start to put away everything in the bags (along with Hinami's help, of course) before Touka stops, looking around the room.

      "What's wrong?" I question. 

      "Where's Kaneki?" she asks, furrowing her brows.

      "Hmm, good question." I scan the room quickly to see that the black haired boy really is nowhere to be found. 

      "Oh, I almost forgot!" I exclaim, hitting the side of my fist against my palm.

      "He said he was going to the library. Apparently one of his favorite authors is having a book signing today. He should be back right about-"