Chapter 6: Operation: D.A.T.E.

A/N: This chapter was originally going to be a filler, but I decided to make this chapter connected to the storyline of the book. Soo... This chapter is more of an AU than a filler. However, you'll catch the references from the real episode, but there are other references as well! Thank you for reading this notice!

 Aye...  This must be a new start! :D

Without further ado... Let's roll!

  ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄  

NOW LOADING...

KIDS NEXT DOOR MISSION

OPERATION: D.A.T.E.

Dance
Actually
Threatens
Everyone

[START]

...

~Reader's POV~

Soon as we all showed at the Briefing Room, we saw Numbuh 1 waiting for us by the freezer wearing a blue apron and some oven muffs on. 

"Kids Next Door, reporting for duty!" Numbuh 3 called as she saluted.

"Bad news team, when I opened up the Kids Next Door Super Secret mail drop this morning, I discovered this!" Numbuh 1 informed us as he brought out the note from the freezer, which we all glanced over to it. Numbuh 5 went up as she attempted to read it with her finger.

"You are cordially invited to-"

"Don't touch it!" Numbuh 1 spat as he scolded Numbuh 5, cutting her off as she took a step back.

"What? It's just an invitation!" Numbuh 5 retorted.

"An invitation to the Kids All-Town Cotillion!" Numbuh 3 exclaimed in surprise, then she started squealing.

"We got invited!?" Numbuh 2 asked happily.

"That's the biggest shindig in town!" Numbuh 4 exclaimed.

"Really!?! That's so cool!!" I beamed.

"Read the fine print!" Numbuh 1 shot back all of us, showing the note to us. "With your hosts, the Delightful Children From Down The Lane." 

"Does that mean we can't go?" Numbuh 3 muttered dejectedly.

"Of course we're going!" Numbuh 1 yelled at her.

We all cheered happily and we celebrated in joy even though I started squealing with Numbuh 3.

"We'll go to their little soirée, but not for fun." Numbuh 1 clarified, "It'll be for a mission, to find out what those Delightful Children are up to." then he started pacing, "We can't let them suspect us. I think first, we'll need to couple up so that'll avoid drawing attention to our real-"