Chapter 38.5: Pain of Repentance

This will be the last half chapter of the book! (AND BY HALF-CHAPTER, I DO NOT MEAN BY FULL CHAPTERS!) So I guess you guys may have gathered some info and learned things from outside of our perspective chapters... Apparently, this chapter may be a bit foreshadowing. But bah!

Aside from that, there will be one more chapter left focusing on the Gremlin Shenanigans, and then we'll be focusing on the romance level right after the next chapter for real! Some jealousy going on, and focus on the love tree! :D

Okay, okay... I'll shut up. ROLL IN!

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

~Third Person POV~

In the (L/N) Residence, three of the girls are sitting in the living room, seeing the anchorwoman with a serious expression on screen.

''Reported by an unknown subject, the police have bashed with a warrant and secured around the room, only to find a group of gang members and their leader. The leader, identified as, Edwin "Nick" Vermicelli, has been arrested.'' the anchorwoman informed. ''He has been charged for the following: Child abuse, kidnapping, and trafficking of children. The motivation behind this is currently unknown. It has been stated by neighbors that Vermicelli has been acting up strange behavior and suspicions have been made ever since. This topic will not be brought up until further updates.''

"I can't believe this!" Stella spat as she stood up from the sofa. "All this time, the man I always thought would be gone is alive!? I thought he wouldn't be seen again!"

"I know, Stella. But we shouldn't worry that now Edwin Nick is already in prison." Gabbie placed her hand on Stella's shoulder.

"No... No!" Stella bawled. "I just don't get it! Why!? Why Nick!? How could he do this!? Those innocent children deserve better! I knew Nick hadn't learned anything from that kidnapping problem! I should have known he would be abducting and twisting those kids' minds a long time ago!!"

She got on her knees, broke down crying, as Gabbie got down to her knees to comfort her.

"Sometimes I wish I could go over there and beat him up again as I did before..." Tammy grumbled, looking at the TV screen with her fists clenched. "I'll be pissed if he took one of our little brothers and sisters again!"