Chapter 37: Operation: T.R.A.I.L.

NOW LOADING...

KIDS NEXT DOOR MISSION

OPERATION: T.R.A.I.L.

Taut
Reunion
Affects
Individuals
Loss

[START]

...

~Reader's POV~

It was morning in the treehouse. Everyone already got up and started eating pancakes for breakfast and such. I went to my room to bring the food for (B/N) in my room since he was already awake and changed out of his clothes. We were supposed to share our rooms with each other according to the twin rule. But since I already owned a single room for myself, he was instead got a room of his own after we both agreed on having separate rooms. The furniture in his room was quite similar to mine except his interior is a mix between a small lab and a sketch workshop. Also, we both agreed that we'll sometimes sleep in each other's room for some company. Since my brother has moved in, there might have been bunk beds in our suburban home. But I haven't told the news to my family yet, and Luke and Lace were the only ones who knew about it already.

"Mornin' (B/N/N)!" I greeted placed the food on the table by the sofa he was sitting on. "I made everyone some pancakes. Hope you like them!"

"Thanks, Sis!" he smiled as he grabbed his plate and started eating.

"So..." I began as I sat down on the bed. "There's a thing that I wanted to ask you about something."

"Yes?" he spoke while eating. "What is it?"

"About those 'caretakers', that I saw before at that one old lab..." I faced (B/N) directly. "What were they like to you?"

"Well... It's complicated for me to explain. They weren't around me as much," he admitted, swallowing a piece. "I usually call them Lars and Carol, because they told me to. They're not really my guardians. Uncle Oberon was actually my guardian, and... There was the woman that I've remembered. She was there for me for a short time..." he shook his head.

"Who??" I asked.

"Her name was Cherri, Lars' sister... She was a pretty woman, that Oberon liked." he began, "Oberon has told everything from his perspective... By the time I was separated from you, I was being taken away until a woman showed up and saved me from being those aggressive troops. She then fled and hid somewhere in the deserted area. I was raised along with Victor. I have known him since I was a baby. Soon, Ben discovered our whereabouts and he offered to help her. Cherri was around me until she was attacked, and then she was gone. That was when I met Lars and Carol. When Lars found out, he blamed Uncle Oberon for her demise, and he acted distrustful towards him. I wondered how it happened, but I can't remember anything from it. In one of those memories hard to look back, there was that one time I met a very young girl, that I can't remember... I only know her for a few days, and then she was gone." 

"Gone?" I mused as I widened my eyes.

"Yes, gone... Days after that, I was desperate. Lars was there for me along with Victor. I do go to Lars and Carol's on occasion, but I don't really feel happy around them. Lars isn't much of a family man and Carol's more of a person test experimenting expert. Victor... Was taken in and he was one of their test experiments. One time I snuck in, I witnessed them doing a dangerous experiment on him. I was terrified. So I told Oberon everything and then he took Victor away from them. But, three of them agreed that we'll be seeing us less after that incident. For me, I've been always a naive wimpy kid until I joined the Kids Next Door."