Chapter 11: Operation: S.T.A.R.R.T.I.N.

NOW LOADING...

KIDS NEXT DOOR MISSION

OPERATION: ST.A.R.R.T.I.N.

Starting
The
Abrupt
Roles
Referring
To
Individual
Novices

[START]

...

~Reader's POV~

After that one dream ended, I woke up with a smile on my face and went to the bathroom to do my bathroom routine. Soon after that, I wore the clothes that I would always wear- a (F/C) hoodie/sweater, some shorts, some socks, and black sneakers. And tied my hair into a ponytail like always!

Later, I went to the kitchen and I saw Wally was there eating nachos. I took a Bowl, poured milk and cereal on it and I placed my bowl on the table.

"Mornin'." I said as I sat in front of Wally.

"A-are you, n-not mad?" He asked stutteringly as he looked up to me nervously.

"To be honest, I was pretty disappointed in you boys for spying on me." I said as I looked at him, which he was looking at me in guilt. "But when I found out why, you...You were actually trying to protect me, right?"

He looked down at his nachos and nodded, then he resumed on eating the food. Remembering back from yesterday, I smiled warmly at him for his defensive side. Soon, I noticed him blushing.

"Numbuh 5 smells that love is in the air baby!" Numbuh 5 yelled out as she showed up.

"WHAT!?" Wally exclaimed as he stood up from the seat. "WHERE!?! OH CRUD! NOT AGAIN! I CAN'T BREATHE! I'M OUTTA HERE!!!!!" he yelled as he ran off.

Abby and I both laughed by the outcome. It's great to have this joke to be brought up again.

"How are things going so far, (Y/N/N)?" she asked as she sat down on a seat next to me with a hotdog in her hand.

"It's going great." I nodded as I looked down to eat my cereal. "Not as bad as it seems to be,  hopefully."

"It sure is a bright day out there." Abby said as she started eating the hotdog.

"Listen... Abby, there's something that has been troubling me lately." I began as I looked up at her. "I thought someone like you would have some common sense in the treehouse, so it would be easier for me to explain this and you'd understand."

Abby turned to me, "What's been troubling you, (Y/N/N)?"

"Well, it's... It's complicated to explain, but... If I could remember correctly, there was this boy I really liked, and... I couldn't remember what he was like."

"Wait, really?" she widened her eyes.

"I know it sounds strange coming out from me, but honestly... I wanted to know if it's possible for me to..."

Just before I could finish what I was saying, the doorbell was heard.

"I'll get it!" I called out as I got off the seat and went to the door.