Chapter 2.5: Obscure to be Known

~Tam's POV~

At the time we got home, Stella was already scolding Dillon like an angry mother. For me, I was just crossing my arms, glaring at him like he did something wrong. And he did... He has damned us.

"DILLON! I can't believe you made us run ALL THE WAY to that treehouse, only to find out that (Y/N) was just hanging out and playing with some friends!" Stella rebuked the teenage boy angrily. "Don't you have any idea how EMBARRASSING it looks!? Do you think we're stupid!?"

"No." Dillon answered monotonically.

"Do you really think it's funny!? IT'S NOT! We almost believed that (Y/N) has lost it!"

"It's mostly the Stockholm Syndrome part, right?" I spoke as I pointed out.

"YES." Stella nodded angrily.

"Well... I tried." Dillon rolled his eyes. "I guess little sister's safe after all."

"Then why did you tell us that (Y/N) got kidnapped!?" Stella demanded. "Or is this some ploy to make us leave so you leave the basement!?"

"What!?" Dillon exclaimed, then he was shaking his hands to deny it, "Oh no no no no! That's not true!"

"Wait 'till I tell Mom and your father about this!" Stella pointed at him.

"Boy, you damned us real good, Dill!" I placed my hands on my hips.

"Alright young man, you better not be leaving this basement until we call you up!" Stella said as she and I started walking upstairs.

"Whatever." Dillon rolled his eyes.

When we made it to the living room, Stella closed and locked the door. Then, she let out a heavy sigh.

"Don't ya think we went too far on him by locking him in the basement?" I brought up. "I mean... We can just trap him in the closet, right?"

"That's too ridiculous, Tammy." Stella said.

~Dillon's POV~

And there I am, being locked in the basement like I'm made to be a prisoner.

"Dammit!" I grumbled. "Looks like sending them off doesn't give out a great outcome."

''Come in, Loon Arcane.'' Later, I heard a voice from my transmitter. I drew it out from my pockets as I listened to it. ''Info to Loon, Info to Loon. Loon, do you copy?''

"Not now, comrade!" I snarled.

''Sorry, but this is important.'' the voice continued.

"What? Does this have something to do with something that I was supposed to do?" I rolled my eyes.

''Perhaps. So, did you use the bolts on her?''

"I almost did. But then, those kids interfered!" I spat. "I would have already done it if they weren't in the way..."

''Calm down. You don't have to do anything anymore.''

"Wait, what?"

''Plans have been changed, Loon. You don't have to do anything.''

"What are you talking about?"

''Loon, you are out of the task. But, I have new information to share with you.''

"What?"

''There is another. The vigilante kid is not alone.'' Comrade informed.

"Are you telling me there's two of them now?" I scowled in dismay. "Great... Now I have two brats to deal with!"

''Maybe there is, maybe there is not. I shall double-check on that.'' Comrade said. ''Well, anyway. They will be giving you a new vital task connecting to the whole plans of the center, but it doesn't relate to the vigilante.''

"What am I supposed to do?"

''Just keep trying to lure the victims in. I'll handle the new vigilante.''

"This deal is getting out of control. You said you could bind and cleanse my dignity!"

''You want to be left alone, Loon. To do what you love doing. I've helped you make that happen. Just stay calm, and soon everything will be over with.''

Within suspense, I slowly ended the call. Musing to myself with some mixed thoughts in mind, what else could I do?

...

~Stella's POV~

In the living room, I was sitting on the sofa while Tammy was sitting on the beanbag playing on her phone. I was having a conversation with our Mom.

"No worries mom, we got it under control!" I ensured. "Have a safe flight, love you!" then I ended the call.

"What was that about?" Tammy hovered over to ask.

"Just telling me responsibilities. It may be a hard task, but I'll do what I had to do I guess."

"You remember Pete' and Gabs, right?"

"Of course I remember."

"Y'know, perhaps they can help."

"But how so, Tammy? Peter is busy with his job, and Gabs is way over there at a different city!"

"They'll come back soon." Tam said as she leaned back on the beanbag. "I believe it."

"Well, sometimes I wish I could see them again..." I turned my head to look out the window, feeling hopeful.

Somewhere...

...

~Third Person POV~

Somewhere, at someplace where there was sand and dirt on land... Although, it was mostly a rugged desert. There was a young boy, standing on a level surface from the sandy grounds while he was looking over at the sunset.

He was observing the beautiful sunset was about to turn dark. Gazing over at the sky, he dreamed of going to the stars, as well for a fun odyssey. He doesn't know as much...  He was pondering while watching over the sunset. When will his adventure await for him?

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

✧Word Count: 806 Words✧