The Bodyguard 04 - Mr. Ray says Goodbye and Best Friends say Hello

It seems that the thing about the chasing incident is much more serious than I thought it was.

Me and dad are sitting together here in his office sofa, Mr. Ray infront of us; I only thought he is going to resign because of the just-finished attack of flying eggs and rotten tomatoes.

Imagine my horror, knowing that my "supporters" (note: sarcasm) are low-key being used by REAL TERRORISTS to trace and acquire the crucial intel that Mr. Ray possesses. His job as my bodyguard is as good a disguise he has done. Now that they know his whereabouts, it's neither safe for him nor for me. For this reason, he says he will be needing to resign from his post of being my bodyguard.

Even so, I can't help but feel guilty having him as my bodyguard when he has something more important to protect.

"I'm very thankful to have met the two of you. You are both wonderful people. But you do realize that it's only a matter of time before those people traces my family, too." he says softly, apologetically.

"It's a good distraction and disguise while I try to protect your son, Minister Panitchayasawad. Thank you!" he bows.

"No, it's all good. I'm perfectly happy you agreed to this arrangement I proposed. It's a good thing, my baby boy cooperated unknowingly." dad caresses my head as he says this.

"Yes, yes. And it's also refreshing to deal with flying eggs from time to time. At least it's not bullets they're showering us." he coughs an apology after.

I can't help but be bothered by it. TERRORISTS!? For real? So by letting Mr. Ray go, will the aggression minimize too? But, they've been at it fourteen bodyguards ago so I doubt about it. I sigh quietly.

When Mr. Ray and dad stands to shake each other's hands, I stand also and wai to him.

They talk a bit more regarding compensation and such, but I have one thing on my mind; and I will let dad know.

Mr. Ray leaves immediately and silence took over the office.

"Dad, let's not hire any more bodyguards. I don't want anyone to be hurt anymore because of me." I say with pleading eyes.

"Wayo~" he says before sighing in defeat."Okay, how about this: one last chance. If this last one doesn't work, we just settle on intensifying your training so you can be able to defend yourself or easily dodge their attempts."

My eyes widen at the mention of the training, but I can only look defeated because it will be the price of not hiring a bodyguard.

I give dad a nod and I hug him tight.

*****************

"Is the information safe?" a man wearing a crisp black suit speaks through the earpiece.

"Yes, sir. I put several encryptions on th data file and hid it somewhere they least expected." replies the other man on the line as he drives off the road

"Very well. It's not always good to have it with you. An established place would be loads better.

"Yes, sir."

"Okay, that's all."

*****************

I try to keep my balance as I stand on tiptoe atop a two-feet wooden plank board. It is ledged between two stone blocks that is kept afloat on a kayak in our mini pond.

Inhaling a big breath of air, I lean forward to get a momentum before doing a backflip. Gracefully twisting my body to the left and bracing my right foot out, I successfully land on my tiptoe again. The kayak didn't even rock from my landing.