The Bodyguard 21 - The Encryptions

Three Days Later... (This day is after ForthBeam's Hot Night)

WAYO

"Now, I can see why Angent R chose Phana to specifically handle this mission." the stern man says, looking between me and P'Pha. I blush at the message he's implying.

I clear my throat, and with a corporate tone I say, "With all due respect. But can we speak less stiffly, sir. Your composure intimidates me, and I will not cooperate with a toxic environment."

Everyone gasps with my audacity. They look at me in shock. I blush, taking notice of my choice of words.

"Oops~" I squeak.

To our surprise, the man laughs heartily, lightening the mood. "Alright, Nong. You guys can call me P'Kongpob inside closed quarters like this. But it's chief or sir for all of you when we're in public." he says to everybody.

I release a sigh of relief.

In my phone storage, I put up a folder containing all my files and photos with anything P'Pha-related. In the list of the clues, my phone is mentioned.

After P'Forth relays his story and the clues, we went our separate ways home and agreed to meet on this day. Since that night, I've been looking through my phone for anything unusual in my applications.

I even tried looking around the room, my things, my closets and cabinets, just to look for anything out of the ordinary.

Sitting with the others in a room here at the police headquarters, except for P'Forth and P'Beam, the contents of my phone are being explored. To my surprise, the one thing that seems to be a foreign content to me is an application that has an icon of the STOP sign.

With suspense, we tap on the application file and it begins installing itself. We wait for less than a minute before being met by a scanner interface—the ones of those scanners that you can see in QR code scanners. What the fuck?

We groan in frustration as the thing deems unuseful and misleading. Now, we're back at zero again.

"Wait..."

We look at Park curiously. He has a serious look on his face, as if thinking very hard about something.

"I remember! I have one at home." he says excitedly, before running out of the room. We follow him out, but he's fast. And we didn't get the chance to go after him because he says he'll be back immediately.

While waiting, I take the chance to look around. Everyone is just a tiny bit weary. Well, my friends are crazy like that. Nothing fazes them. But I do. In a way, me and my friends are in it, whether we like it or not.

I cannot make myself to feel ill towards Mr. Ray, either. I don't know what he had in mind why he did what he did, but I just don't understand why my friends are invloved.

P'Kongpob on the corner and his secretary, P'Arthit, are in deep conversion. I notice the soft smile on the secretary's face, and blush at the sight of their suddenly-connected lips.

P'Pha notices my sudden giddiness and roams his eyes around. Upon seeing what I've seen, he dips down to my face and kisses my nose. I blush profusely at the gesture.

The door opens, startling us. Even P'Arthit flinches and jumps beside P'Kongpob from the shock.

Park enters, kicking the door close, as he begins babbling about one file in his laptop that seemed low key suspicious and awfully similar with the logo of the app in my phone. He fumbles with his laptop and opens a folder same as mine but different...a folder full of Suthee's sleeping photos.