The Bodyguard 16 - The Truth

WAYO

The drive back home is quite awkward. We keep trying to dance around each other, not knowing if we should dodge the topic for now or talk about it on the road.

The best thing about my appetite is it's timing. Half-way from the university, my tummy grumbles in a worldwide protest.

Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

My eyes widen. When I whip my head to look at P'Pha his eyes are on the road, also wide in surprise, his lips bitten in between his teeth.

I pout.

"You should let that out, P'Pha. You might fart yourself." I say in a sulky tone. The jerk does, laughing his ass off. This guy, really.

"Aw. N'Yo, do you know that you're so cute? What do you want to eat na?" He coos, eyes still on the road.

Hearing him ask about food, I instantly shout 'SUSHI' with matching fist pump. He turns to the direction of the mall.

Call me a kid, but I can't help chanting all the sushi names available in the world. Illegally-handsome-bodyguard-in-the-world chuckles at my childishness.

He takes me by surprise, though, when he catches my hand to his and clasps them together.

We are being the center of the people's attentions. I can already see some of them snapping some shots of the two of us.

I might get attacked!

I am about to take my hand back, but he tightens his hold—not grip—hold. Gosh! His warm hands. I tighten my hold too.

"Rule Number 1: Straighten your back, Yo...walk confidently." he mumbles, only for me to hear. I comply. I walk beside him, matching his pace.

His hand that is holding mine evolves and is suddenly around my shoulders.

He's lecturing me until we reach the sushi place. I take every word to heart and mind; his words are so persuading...also makes me blush so much.

I mean, how would you suggest poor-young me to react when he says:

"...I'm going to make sure nothing will hurt you..."

Or

"You shouldn't make those haters feel like they can crush you..."

And

"You're a good person, and good-looking too. Don't be insecure."

Plus

"You have me now. No need to fear...Nong Yo~"

Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

I want my bed! I need my bed! I wanna roll on my bed!!! Kyaaaaaaaah!

Demon Yo and Angel Yo pops out.

"Uhhhh. Yo? You need to have THE talk?" sarcasm dripping in the demon's voice.

"Yes, they do. But you don't have to be mean. He can feel giddy all he wants." For the first time! For the first time, this angel doesn't spout anything sexual.

I blink my eyes when I see a hand snapping it's fingers in front of my face. I'm spacing out again. I'm gonna have to learn to listen to those two while still paying attention to my surroundings.

P'Pha is looking at me worriedly. I try to remove his worry by acting cute for him.

Gosh! I want to cringe.

He sighs before smiling and ordering for the two of us. Aw! He can't blame me if my inner monologues are composed of either wanting to jump him or doing the naughty with him. I'm not going to let him know how lewd my thoughts of him are.