The Bodyguard 30 - The Bodyguard

A/N: Warning. 😈😈😈

WAYO

After the incident with the attacking students, there has been fewer attempts to do anything against me. The hate clubs are still letting all hell lose in the internet, but not anything physically harmful anymore.

Well, they never really go away. P'Kit tells me that I should learn to stand my ground when people talk lots of shits about me. I am learning, but I think it's more like indifference. I begin to care less about what they think, and focus on the more important matter: Living my life!

What more? There are still a lot of people who are less immature than them. I am grateful because they are not proliferating hateful attitudes.

Now that I am able to tend for myself, I believe there is no need for P'Pha to continue being my bodyguard.

"P'Pha, can you stop being my bodyguard now? You've already taught me a lot." I say, looking up at him as we cuddle together one Saturday morning.

He looks at me with a scandalized expression. What? Why?

"Oh sorry. I don't mean it like that!" I slap his chest with a giggle. He still doesn't remove the funny expression, making me roll in laughter.

"Yo. Stop laughing and continue what you're saying. What do you mean by that?" he says with a frown. I can tell that my statement really awaken him. Pffff!

I continue giggling, frustrating him even more.

"Yo~" he warns. I continue laughing out loud.

"What do you mean by that? Stop laughing this instant na~" his voice hitched a note higher as my laughter begins to affect him too.

My cute P'Pha. This is a rare sight. For someone who used to have a dark past, he sure took a complete 180° turn.

I stand up, still laughing, and hold his hand to do the same.

"Come. Let's talk to dad, and ask him to fire you."

"YO!" he raises his voice, but I respond by laughing. He is so cute. He is also retracting his hand. But, I relent. He should be fired, and now.

"Come now, P'Pha. Don't be stubborn. We will celebrate your impending unemployment later, after we talk to dad." I say with a pout, but deep inside I am only teasing him more.

He gives in, shoulders sagging in defeat.

We knock on dad's office and are welcomed in by Ms. Liza. On her hands, a stack of papers are piled neatly. Must be a busy morning for them.

"Hello, Yo baby. What brings you here in this battlefield?" she chimes. I wai at her.

"That busy?" she sighs, laughing at the end of the long sigh.

"Come on in. There's your dork dad, burying himself with lots of papers to sign. And let me tell you, they are piling up more. I think the fax machine is going to have a twin at this rate. It can't accommodate recieving and printing the files alone." she rants as she lead us to dad's table, which is filled with papers, thankfully piled neatly in stacks.

"Good morning! Yo, what brings you and your P'Pha here?" dad asks dotingly upon seeing us approach.

"Good morning daddy! Please fire P'Pha as my bodyguard now." I say immediately.

"Okay. Phana, you're fired." dad says just as quickly.

"What? That's it? Just like that?" I can say that he's really surprised. Slowly, a frown morphs on his face.