The Bodyguard 06 - Meeting With the Daddy + Operation: Survive!!!

PHANA

"Good afternoon, Minister Panitchayasawad. I am Phana Kongthanin, and I am here under the recommendation of Chief Kongpob as your son's new bodyguard." I wai at him, since we are the only people inside the office right now.

There is a difference between seeing the office from the television and being in it. Sure, during interviews, the office is lit and quite classy. However, being inside it on a regular day like this is quite an experience.

There is an invisible force that simply sweeps you off your feet in a non romantic way.

The atmosphere is imposive and authoritative, yet an air of easiness and comfort is also present. It prevents you from saying anything, it's almost scary to be here.

The same goes with the stern look the minister is giving me. I have to gather up all the knowledge and experience from military training just to fight off the instinct to cave in. I steel my emotions and hold his stare when I see a sudden glint of playfulness in them.

Sure enough, the minister is smiling widely at me.

"I knew it. You do look familiar!" he exclaims excitedly, giving me a look.

I do what a normal person will do at this moment. I raise my brows at him in question, mouth hanging open. I am a bit lost. Is the minister browsing through my website too?

"Don't mind me. Please, take a seat." he gestures to the sofa with an eye smile. I wait for him to sit first before sitting on the opposite side.

"So, Mr. Phana, how do we do this? Is there some kind of limitation for you that I need to be aware of before completely entrusting the safety of my son to you?" he inquires. I think for a moment. Deciding that I'm not an easy fellow, I shake my head.

"No, Minister Pani—" he cuts me off with a raised palm.

"Please, just call me sir. Don't be too stiff." he chuckles. I nod my head and give a small smile. At least his smiling face removes the uneasiness he unconsciously imposed on me a while ago.

"Yes, sir. I will remember."

"By the way, Wayo is out with his friends right now. It seems they're complete so we don't have anything to worry about for the moment. You can go home with me later so the two of you can meet." I give him a nod, slightly disappointed with the delay.

Okay, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying I am excited to meet his son who happens to resemble my cute baby Oung-Oung. My sweet Oung-Oung! Gosh. I sound like a love sick fool.

******************
WAYO

If only going to the mall isn't needed at the moment, we wouldn't be here. Who would have thought that our trial run of my bodyguard-less trip will be a very serious game of survival, after all?

I am holding the items I purchased this morning and am currently hiding in one of the clothes stands of H&M.

"Guys...we...need...to...to set a rally point that is not infested." I huff, trying to calm my breathing down and talk. I raise the phone to my face and watch them running around also.

"The lurking in the open is not an option at the moment. Your fans are currently gushing and running around in search for you." Park says in the same manner. He just settled in a hiding place too.

"Where are you, guys?" Suthee says in a hushed tone. He is crawling at the moment.

"H&M. In the middle of the dress clothes. I may have to run to the dressing room right now. Wait." I say before sprinting stealthily for the empty dressing cubicle.