The Bodyguard 19 - The Calm Before The Storm

The Next Day (PhaYo)

Phana's phone rings loudly in the early morning. He reaches for it on the bedside drawer, turning the set alarm off. He glances at the sleeping figure of Yo. His peaceful breathing relaxes Pha's whole being deep to the core. Slowly, he drifts off to dreamland again.

He jerks awake, though, when a continuous loud ringing resounds after a few minutes. Intense shiver runs his spine as the recognition of the sound sinks in to him.

He runs to his discarded clothes, wearing his boxers and grabbing the other ringing phone before running to the veranda. He quietly closes the big window to avoid disturbing his sleeping babe.

Clearing his throat, he presses the answer button and speaks.

"Chief Kongpob, sir!" he says sternly.

[We have a situation, Agent. We lost contact with Fox yesterday. He had an encounter with the main group. Im afraid—]

"I understand, sir. But I believe in my buddy. Weeds don't die easily." he interrupts with all seriousness, earning a chuckle from his superior.

[I like your confidence with your comrade. But we need to hear from him, and soon. Also, your mission is gradually demanding for a positive feedback. The minor groups are beginning to collaborate for the search and extraction of those files...]

Pha freezes. Already? It's only been days since he got the assignment.

[...I also need to hear from you one of these days. Godspeed!] the call ends abruptly even before he responds.

That's the problem. Yo had already confessed his lack of knowledge about anything at all, regarding his previous bodyguard's things.

He looks warily at the sleeping figure of Wayo. If knowledge of Agent R's last whereabouts becomes known to the enemies, Yo will be in danger. Pha returns inside, mind and heart heavy with worry as he sits on the edge of the bed. He massages his temples as his brain double times in formulating several ways to protect the things he values...the person he values most.

He has a lot to lose now. A lot of things—people—to worry about. He can't afford to lose anyone. He will fight 'til death if it means the safety of the ones he loves.

He fails to notice the stirring of Yo behind him, flinching at the sudden snaking of the younger's arms around him.

Wayo rests his head on Pha's back, listening to the steady heart beat. Yo sighs contentedly. He feels the need to comfort the older.

Tightening his embrace around him, he begins peppering Pha's back with kisses until he reaches his nape. He breathes on his neck, sending tingles all over Pha's body. Yo feels him tremble in his embrace as his hands roam and caress the expanse of his hard abs and chest.

Pha swiftly change their position and ends up pinning Yo on the bed. The younger looks up at him with so much tenderness. He release Yo's hands and allows the younger to guide his head to lay on his chest.

Pha lays on top of Yo with his head cradled against Wayo's chest, on top of his steady beating heart, and the younger caressing his hair. Phana leans in to the warmth of Yo's body, breathing in the tranquillity that surrounds him.

He needs this.

Somehow, it gives him more strength and reason...to have something to fight for. He has a future now that he aims to protect, and no one can take it away from him.

"I will help you, P'Pha. Let's look for those files together." Yo says, breaking Pha's reverie. He hums in response.

He dotes on the thoughtfulness of his baby. He doesn't regret feeling this great and falling this deep for this young soul.