The Bodyguard 13 - What?!

KIT

I am so happy with Wayo sitting in front of me. I'm also happy to see P'Pha, but that's a minor detail. Okay, kidding. We miss him so much.

We are laughing and making fun of P'Pha. He brushes us off most times, but when Wayo is rolling from too much laughter, he'll blush like a love sick teenager.

It takes a lot of effort to stop myself from rolling my eyes at him.

Beam and I are also trying hard not to spill the real deal with P'Pha though. We can just be hopeful that we don't sound too obvious and suspicious to Wayo. I really want to be friends with him. And it's not our secret to tell, since Wayo seems to have no idea who P'Pha really is.

Now standing in front of us is a group of three younger guys which, if you will ask me, are very familiar and welcomed, except for one. Their group, including Wayo, has always been within my radar...ever since that day. That's why I know them all. Beam knows them too. Yep, my fault.

Directing my glare to the filthiest person I have ever known to walk on this earth, I stand with clenched fists. Everyone in mine and his group see the way the two of us raise a finger at each other.

"You!!" we excalim in unison.

Seething, I take big strides towards him and begin kicking him. Of course, he evades them easily. Damn short legs! I am hopping and clawing at him, but they are all in vain. Damn short arms!

His payback is to laugh at me and poke my dimples every time he gets a chance.

"Would you ever stop? I'm tired now." I pout. I turn to go back to my seat, beside Beam, arms crossed in childish anger.

I am aware. Aware of the looks and the curious eyes going back and forth between me and that guy.

Mingkwan makes the wrong move of sitting between N'Yo and N'Park.

As if on cue, P'Pha and Beam is already sandwiching me between them in an escape-less prison of bodies. On the other side of the table, N'Yo is pointing a fork near Ming's throat. N'Suthee is standing behind Ming, holding him down on both shoulders; while N'Park is pointing a spoon near his eyes.

Wow! I have merciful friends. Thank heavens! Ming has it tough.

"Explain." Nong'Wayo commands in a low voice. They're scary.

Beam and P'Pha nudges my sides and I flinch. They're giving me the look. I only nod.

"Ahmm. Actually.. We're..." I pause. I don't know how to drop the bomb. What if—

"We're married." my line of thought is cut by Ming's direct response.

We all gasp! Yep, including me. Don't ask. I go with the flow.

A whole lot of explanation and patching of stories from both our sides happen. This is the summary: (a/n: Okay, not really. Don't believe Kit. It's long. 😒)

*******************

Ming and I met a year ago at an event. My parents like to bring me to their affairs, just like my other siblings. They said it's some kind of training for us. Well, I was feeling deviant that time so I enrolled for the course of Medicine. They had no choice, because I already got accepted in the program.

Okay, going back. I was roaming around on my own inside the party hall, chatting a little and greeting known personalities as I walk through. When I was about to reach the table for the drinks, I felt someone walking beside me. Being as curious as a cat, I glanced to my side and was blinded by the sight of a very handsome guy.