Like Father Like Son.

Next morning, Jason was waiting for Leti. He felt like it was time to tell her the truth about her life, so he sent the crew out on pointless jobs. He stayed up all night trying to figure out how he was going to tell her. He couldn't just come out and say it. He had to have a back story, but that would mean telling her about his past as well.

He paces back and forth and waited for her to wake up. A few minutes later, he heard foot steps coming down the stairs. He glances over to see her walking down the stairs, making her way to the kitchen.

"Hey Leti." he said in a jumpy yet shaky voice.

She looked at him confused. "You alright?"

"Had too much coffee. Uh, can we talk?"

"Jason, calm down. Do you need to sleep?"

"Sleep? No, no. Just come here and sit down so we can talk."

She was scared at this point so she just followed his instructions. He didn't sit down, he was too engerized to.

"Leti, do you know anything about your mom? Didn't Danny say she was a witch or something?"

"Uh. We lived a neighborhood where people thought her friend was a witch. She taught my mom a few spells. My mom would turn them into a song and sing them to me. I finally caught on when I was 13."

"Where is she now?"

"Getting help."

"Why?"

"Uh. I think after my dad died, she just really wasn't herself."

"So, she just left you with Danny?"

"We lived with our aunt for the time being. --- What is this? I'm confused."

"Nothing. How did you find out about the spells being turned into songs?"

"My mom's journal."

"Any stories she used to tell you?"

"Yeah. My favorite was about this all female gang. It was based on revenge and they would act like superheroes. Everyone loved them. She mentioned their rival gang, The McNicholas. All men. It was kind of sexist now I'm thinking about it." She nods slowly. 

"You think?" He mumbles. 

"Huh?"

"Nothing. ---- If you were to be a in a gang, would you like it?"

"Hm. I never thought about it. Why?"

"Just wondering."

"Am I being considered to join The Scorpios?"

"You'll need a lot more experience, kid." He begins to walk away.

"Well since were talking about moms. Wanna tell me about yours?," he paused. "What happened to her?"

"She died, there."

"Wanna tell me how?"

"Suicide."

"Oh.--- I'm sorry, Jas."

He took a deep breath. He turned around, biting his lip, "My mom didn't---- she didn't like how her and my dad's marriage turned out to be. They were happily in love and once my Dad started getting back on the streets, killing and robbing people, it ruined her. She knew it was a selfish act, leaving me and Alex behind but---"

Alex came downstairs just at that moment.  

"Hey. Where's everyone?" he asked.

"Out doing business."

"I'm sorry if I interuppted---"

"No, it's fine Alex. Were the only ones here so continue, Jason."

"That was it."

"What about your Dad? Was he in a gang?" She smiled, sounding interested in Jason's fucked up life.

"He was the leader of a gang."

"That's cool how you turned out like him, sort of."

"Yeah. I'm completely fucked up. I'm glad I turned out just like him. Maybe, hopefully, I'll end up with 25 to life next time I fuck something up." He walks into his office, slaming the door.

"That wasn't a good thing to say." Alex whispered.

"I didn't mean it in a bad way."

Someone was knocking on the door and she opens it. The crew walked in, bringing inside groceries and bags from the mall. Danny kissed Leti on the cheek as he handed a few bags to her.

"I bought a new outfit for myself and a few for you. Heather and Mack helped." Leti looked over at Heather and smiled.

"Why don't you take Heather out?" She leans onto Danny.

"Like on a date?"

"No shit, Sherlock."

"I don't know. It'd be weird."

"Won't know unless you actually do it. ----- What's up with Jason and his family? He's not a big fan of talking about his past?"

"Uh, Jason is more of keeping everything bottled in type of guy. He didn't really have anyone to confide in expect for Alex cause he was there. But, yeah. Talking about his past now that's hard."

"But he trusts you."

"There's a difference between confiding in someone and trusting them. Just because he trusts me, doesn't mean he has to tell me his whole life story. --- I had to get know Jason before I decided to join the gang. He asked me about my life and when I asked him, it was almost World War 3."

"He's damaged, that's all."

"Maybe you can fix him."

"Maybe."

----