Happy Thanksgiving.

Nov. 21st

With six months left until she was eighteen, she didn't know how to feel. She really has forgotten about all that but lately, she wished she'd get out of Georgia that way she wouldn't have to worry about The Rebels. She had new people in her life but she didn't want to replace the old ones.

She met a new guy, his name was Wayne. He was tall, taller than her of course, ebony haired and with hazel eyes. Her other two new friends were Robin and Brian. There were twins; brother and sister. They were at a diner having milkshakes. She got a phone call and she walks away from the table to listen better.

"Hello?"

"Leti! How are you?" Heather yelled into the phone.

"I'm good. What's up?"

"Oh uh, we wanted to surprise your brother this Thanksgiving. He mentioned something about you stopped writing him."

"Yeah. I got a job, so everything's been kind of busy."

"Well, come to Chicago for Thanksgiving. It would make him happy."

"Can I bring people?"

"I'm sensing there's a boy."

She chuckles lightly. "He's just a friend, honest."

"Sure, I don't mind. I'll see you soon."

"Bye." She hangs up as Wayne walks over to her.

"Brother?" he asked.

"No. But what do you think of going to Chicago for Thanksgiving?"

"Just me and you?"

"Yeah. That okay?"

"I'd love to." He smiles at her and she smiles back.

Next day, they arrived in Chicago. The thought of seeing the crew made her nervous. It was almost like seeing family members you never met at a family reunion. She gets out of the cab while Wayne gets their luggage. She stares at the brick two story house. From the outside, the house seems small. 

The red front door opens and Heather stood there in a crop top and blue jean shorts, waving.

"Hey!" she yells as they walk on the front porch. She pulls her in for a hug, "They left to get some more groceries but they'll be back soon." She closes the door, smiling at Wayne. "Leti, who's this?"

"This is Wayne. Wayne, this is my brother's girlfriend, Heather." Leti says, smiling at both of them.

"Nice to meet you." Wayne says, smiling at her. 

"Ooh, a gentleman."

They hear car doors slam.

"Oh no! They're here! Hide, hide!"

Leti and Wayne rush to hide anywhere they could find. Heather quickly rushes to hide their luggages. The crew walks in with a few grocery bags. Danny greets Heather with a kiss on her cheek.

He pulled her to the side. "I don't think Leti's coming." he whispers.

"What makes you think that?"

"She hasn't written me back, answered my calls or texts. She's drifted away," Leti could hear what he was saying through the air vent.

"She's growing up. Maybe she doesn't want to be under your arm all the time."

"I remember that's all she would do."

"She's going to be eighteen soon, you want to her to be five years old all her life?"

"Yes. She's supposed to be my little princess."

"No one said that ever changed." Leti says, standing on the stairs.

A few gasps were heard and everyone stood there in shock. Jason walked in, laughing and holding hands with a girl. He follows the direction everyone's eyes to see Leti standing there. Wayne walked out, standing behind her, smiling lightly at them.

"Who's he?" Danny whispered.

"What the hell is going on?" Jason asks, still staring.

----