Chapter 1: Gohan's New Friend

Exactly one year has passed since the events of the Cell Games. Gohan had been focusing mostly on helping his mother, ChiChi, take care of his new infant baby brother, Goten. Also he had been keeping up with his studies, instead of training to please his mother. Since Goku had died, he didn't really want to displease his mother wishes of him becoming a scholar. But studying 24/7 isn't really what a Saiyan does best.

One quiet evening as the sun was setting, Gohan was up in his bedroom doing homework. Or at least he was supposed to be doing his homework. The half-breed Saiyan sighed as he used his perfectly sharpened pencil to doodle on a loose leaf piece of paper. He let out another breath and looked up out the window as his mind wandered back to his father. Of course he missed his father, Goku. What twelve year old boy wouldn't? His father had always gotten him out of studying and was just an amazing person. Of course he missed Goku. He stood up from his desk and stretched his muscled arms out, still watching at the sunset from his window. He contemplated on skipping a few minutes of homework just to get some fresh air.

'Mom's probably busy with Goten so she won't notice...' He said in his mind.

He opened his bedroom window and quickly flew off shutting his eyes as he soared through the almost dark sky. He flew off a few miles with no destination. Without even noticing, Gohan landed on a familiar land. To be more specific he landed on where the arena of the Cell Games once was. Not wanting to go back home just yet, he landed on a hill and laid back as he gazed upon the sky which was now officially dark. He began to count the stars to clear his mind. As he did, his eyes landed on a big star. A really really big star. Was this even a star at all?

Gohan sat up slowly keeping his eye on the gigantic thing in the sky. He could clearly now tell it was not a star. His eyes widened slightly when he saw it coming closer. Actually, it appeared to be falling at great neck speed.

"What is that thing?" He mumbled to himself.

As the thing came closer he realized what it was. It was a Space Pod, just like the one Vegeta and Nappa used to arrive on Earth. Or like the one Goku used to get off of Namek. But why couldn't he sense the energy of it? There had to be someone in it. Lost in thought, Gohan, didn't notice when the pod crashed into the ground about 150 feet away from him.

....

The pod crashed deep into the rocky ground. The certain person inside it smiled weakly.

"I'm free..." She fragilely declared.

She coughed up saliva and blood left in her system from her previous encounters. But it didn't matter, she was finally free. Using the remains of her energy, she kicked the hatch of her Space Pod off and pulled herself out of it. Only having the strength to make it halfway, her twelve year old body collapsed on the rocky ground. But of course the young girl smiled victoriously. She was nobody puppet now.

....

Gohan's eyes were wide in shock when he approached the crater. He saw a girl just lying there. She was either unconscious or dead. From her body structure he could tell she was girl and a young girl at that. Her spiky bangs covered her face, and her body appeared to be in a terribly damaged state.

"What in the world?" Gohan questioned.

He cautiously jumped into the crater and slowly approached her. Her energy was low, extremely low. Gohan could barely sense it. He looked down and saw something connected to her lower back begin to twitch. Though since it was dark, it was hard to tell what she looked like.

'I'd better help her, it's what dad would have told me to do.' He thought.

Gently, he lifted her up in his arms and began to float out of the crater, completely ignoring the fact she had just fallen out of the sky. He began to fly off slowly, not knowing what he would tell ChiChi about finding this girl.