Chapter 45: The Great Ape Transformation

"You guys! It's Dende!" Trunks called after dropping Mr. Satan on the ground once he took notice of the Namekian bellow them.

The Guardian of the Earth smiled and waved up to them from where he stood.

"Hey!" Gohan greeted from the sky.

The gang landed on the ground before him. Once they did, Videl walked back to where Hercule was making sure he wasn't dead.

"Hello everyone!" He greeted.

"Dende!" Piccolo called. He walked forwards and placed his hands on Dende's shoulders. "You're alive, I don't know how you did it, you did well kid!"

Trunks, Goten and Mirai smiled a bit. Mr. Satan was wide-eyed grunting and twitching cause of the pain. Videl crossed her arms and stared down at him.

"That's what you get." She spat.

Hercule groaned at his daughters remark. Getting Videl to soften back up to him would be difficult. The human girl stuck her nose out in the air and shut her eyes.

Kinoko and Gohan sat on a rock with the twins in front of them. They giggled when Bee ran to their sides and licked their faces. They chuckled at the moment before looking to Dende.

"How on earth did you manage to survive that one? Mirai said the damage was brutal..." Kinoko asked.

Dende smiled a bit. A few drips of sweat fell down the side of his face as he explained everything to his friends. He told them how Mr. Popo tossed Dende off the lookout without Buu noticing. Piccolo smirked at the end of the story.

"Brave Popo, let's just make sure that his sacrifice wasn't in vain. You two should be proud of yourselves. It was a fine move you are a good guardian Dende." Piccolo complimented.

"Thank you Piccolo." Dende replied.

Mr. Satan crawled up to where Trunks was standing and stared at Dende.

"That little green elf boy, is he some magician or something?" He asked.

Trunks glared at him. "You oaf! He's guardian of the earth."

Videl grunted, "yeah and I'm sure he didn't have to lie to get there." She snorted.

Hercule frowned.

Kinoko chuckled at Trunks and Videl's comments. Dende looked to where Gohan was.

"So where's the dragon radar now?" He asked.

The half-breed smiled lightly before kneeling down to his daughter and setting her on his lap, "Piccolo's other pants."

Everyone began to chuckle at the response. After a few minutes, the area seemed peaceful. All except Hercule who was managing to get on everyone's nerves. Videl rolled her eyes and looked to where Kinoko was sitting. She walked over to her and smiled.

"So, you'll never guess where my dad has been."

Kinoko glanced back at the earthing girl with confusion. "Um let me guess, saving the world again?" She stated sarcastically.

Videl sat down next to Kinoko and shook her head before pulling her knees to her chest. "He told me the truth..."

Kinoko rose an eyebrow but she kept her glance at her children. Gohan as well was interested in the conversation. He moved closer to Kinoko and looked to Videl.

"Truth about what?"

"That he didn't beat Cell..." Videl sighed out. "I can't believe he would do that... Our last name... It's a lie."