Chapter 2: The Training Begins

As the night passed Gohan tried to get more information out of Kinoko. But much to his dismay she wouldn't open up. He began to tell her about his past adventures with the Z gang and told her about everyone in the group. Kinoko only half listened to Gohan. His stories were interesting but she didn't feel like responding. Seeing he was getting nowhere with Kinoko, Gohan decided to get some sleep. He offered her his bed but she said she'd much rather stay on the ground.

From time to time in the night Gohan would wake up to make sure Kinoko was still there. At first she wouldn't sleep. She only sat on the ground with her back against the wall and her knees to her chest. He would catch her staring at the ground or out the window with a serious look on her face. She almost looked worried about something. But of course if he asked, he knew she wouldn't respond. Sooner or later, she ended up falling asleep.

When morning came about, Kinoko was awoken by the sound of a whine. She rubbed the sleep away from her eyes and looked up to Gohan who was still asleep. She heard the whining sound again and a repeated tap on the door.

"What is that?" She mumbled.

She had never heard a sound like that before. She bit her lip a bit in curiosity as she stared at the doorknob. What if it was ChiChi? Kinoko was secretly rational, and she understood Gohan wanting to keep her a secret from his mother. Especially after he explained ChiChi's thoughts on training. But this noise, it kept repeating. Also the same tap hit the door over and over again. Kinoko quietly stood up and walked closer to the door. She placed her hand on the shiny doorknob and turned it silently. She pulled the door open slowly which caused a creaking sound to mix in with the silence of the home. She opened the door all the way and didn't see anything besides the dark hallway. She took a step out and looked around.

"I could've sworn I heard-."

A small giggling sound from below her caught her attention. She felt her eyes widen a bit when she took notice of a small baby smiling up at her and giggling. She could see the tear stains on his cheeks but she also noticed his strange hair and furry brown tail wagging happily.

A\N; Goten and Trunks (including M. Trunks) will have their tails in this story.

"Another Saiyan?"

Baby Goten giggled louder and reached his arm up towards Kinoko. She only stared at him with an eyebrow slightly cocked. Gohan didn't mention anything to her about a little brother. Goten's wide smile began to fade away seeing that Kinoko wouldn't pick him up. His bottom lip began to tremble and a few tears flowed from his eyes down his cheeks.

"Saiyans don't cry brat." She stated to the baby.

He stared at her for a second before he began to wail loudly. At the sound of this Gohan jumped up. He looked to Kinoko then down to his baby brother. He gasped, realizing ChiChi could hear this and wake up. He ran over and picked up Goten trying to hush him. He then looked to Kinoko.

"What happened, Kinoko?"

Kinoko shrugged, "I told him to not be a weakling."

"But, why did you leave the room? Where did you find him?"

She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "I answer to no one."

As he was going to respond, another voice came into the conversation.

"Gohan, what's wrong with Goten?" ChiChi asked.

Gohan gasped at the sound of his mothers voice. Kinoko's glance was back to Goten.

"Kinoko hide!" Gohan yelled in a whisper.

She looked at him confused, "huh?"

Gohan knew he would regret his next move but he had no choice. He pushed Kinoko into his room quickly and slammed the door shut. Just as he did, ChiChi walked forwards to
her sons.